translate

Sunday 24 February 2013

WINGS TO ME BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Wings to me
By Fiona Cummings
An angel kissed my heart last night

I lay so still not even in fright

I wanted to ask what was his plight

I could not believe I could see without sight

The love of grace was upon his face

The sound of silence filled the air

Though words came to me in a prayer

My soul he touched so tenderly

Removed my hurt and agony

His golden hands fixed my broken heart

His silver promise reassured me from the start

Words he spoke never before I have heard

Like a tune from a beautiful song bird

A language from where I did wonder

Was I in dream had  I made a blunder

No this was real I have had time to reflect

Just never before has anyone been so direct

Streight to my mind, my body and soul

An angel visited me from where I don’t know

And in a whisper he filled me with delight

He placed his hands and gifted me with moments of sight

Why me? I wondered and asked without moving my lips

He  just smiled though he had no features and his wings started to lift

”Don’t go, I begged him to stay

And these are the words he began to  say

You are free now from any pain

I will one day visit you again

But the next time I will take you away

For now on this land you must stay

It isn’t your time to fly with me

I just wanted to tell you one day you will  see

Just look what is in front of you right now

No need to understand

Ask questions why or how

The next time you will be able to see

Is when you bring your wings to me

No comments: