translate

Monday 4 February 2013

THEY DID IT TO HIM AGAIN?


Well not a  good start to Hubs work week? His lap top yet again, has decided to rebelle against being back in the cold UK. Every time he takes it to the engineers at work, to be so called up dated, something goes wrong and it is a total nightmare for someone who has deadlines to meet!

So now he has to take it into the office in London, will they be able to fix what they have broken? Or will they do the usual and say to leave it with them and they will deliver it to him by post a week  later?

Really, it is stressful enough for him as it is, without this rubbish? Luckily, he has his desk top and thank  God, I kept the internet code on Dictaphone, as it for some reason asked for it when he turned the computer on.

I guess I have my uses? Ha.

Teen too, as it is his voice reading it out from a letter we received.

A Dictaphone next to the phone is an item I could not be without. When I lost my sight, people would phone me with phone  numbers, meetings and times as well as addresses, and I never knew how to think about taking that information down. Something which comes so easy to me now, I mean if not for my recorder, I would write it down on my laptop, but in those early dark depressing days of absolute devastation, I could not think streight about anything and I had work / jobs to do, as I used to give talks to various organizations.

I was reading a tweet today by one of my Hubs colleagues/friend from work. A wonderful person, really truly inspirational. Someone who is sighted, but has a real passion for helping blind people when it comes to technology. It’s people like him who the RNIB, needs. A real life person, not just someone who is going through the motions of a job, but someone who feels the  need and wishes to do something to help. Let’s hope this person has a long career as we need him? On his twitter I found an interesting link


This man is American I think and  has been blind since birth. He shows videos of himself talking in a fun and not boring way, about what it is like to be blind, he talks of his fears as a blind person and things like what colours are / mean to him.

It is really interesting. He also talks about how he likes to be guided. He talks like my Hub, not voice, just in the same words, like I never understood about the colour thing, as I was fortunate to be able to see when young and remember most colours, though now the so called new colours, I am a little, well, how to say in correct English?

Stuffed?

Ha.

Since I have met Hub, I have had to learn a new world, a true blind world. I am now without sight, but I  once could see a little, so can not really talk for those who have been blind all of their lives. It really is a different world though.

Hub thinks it is harder to have seen then for it to be taken from you? I know he is so much more confident than me.

We have odd conversations about if there was treatment to make us see, only one of us could have it, I would give it to him, as he will be given the chance to see what I could? He says me as you don’t always miss what you have never had, though, he would so benefit being able to see, but it would take a good year, to train his brain, what to see, as we know, it is the brain which sees, not the eyes. They are your windows.

Or camera lens.

I really really hope to see again in my lifetime. Hub is quite negative about it and does not think it will happen. Oh God, I really hope he is wrong?

I’m bored stiff with this blooming gloomy life.

Oh, latest on Guide dogs? Some man is coming out on Wednesday to walk with me to the shop.

It will be interesting to see how he is, I hope he will be able to give me a tip or two on how to get Waggatail past the park where the dogs are playing with footballs, and the school, where the children are playing with footballs?

He sounded about 22, so perhaps a student, but they are the best, though lacking in experience, they gain in wanting to impress and don’t suffer from complacency.

Bless you all my dear loyal Bloggets and thank you for  reading. xx

 
 

 

No comments: