translate

Thursday 21 February 2013

TAKE IT ALL AWAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


TAKE IT ALL AWAY

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Take it all away

Turn the sleepless nights into day

The sun into dark

The fire without a spark

The dawn without a lark

And a still river without its flow

A winter theme without any snow

A map of routes with nowhere to go

An open gate which keeps closing shut

Each day in the same old rut

A much needed answer though ending with but

A disapproving expression followed by a tut

You are creating so much change

A lifetime to be arranged

A sward with a blade to cause damage

Slicing away at my courage

Chopping me down

Like an un kept tree

Which falls to the ground

Stabbing right through me

Frosty cold standing bold

Saying things you want me to be told

When all I want is a hand to hold

A arm to put around me

A gentle kiss placed upon my cheek

I don’t understand how this you can’t see

Where has the warmth gone

And the laughter which went on

Through the hours of the day   and night

The hugs which held me so tight

Making me feel like all was going to be right

My heart feels like it is going to burst

What ever happened to making me first

Our life together filled us  with thirst

Our love we shared was ready to burst

Over flowing

Like a boatman rowing

On a full rainy lake

I just wish you didn’t make me feel like a mistake

 

No comments: