translate

Sunday 3 February 2013

THE SILVER MOON BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE SILVER MOON BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I taste the salt upon my face

Feeling sad as there is no trace

All the people have gone home for the day

Here is my home now since you went away

Listen to the beast of the ocean

It has such anger and emotion

Evil and passion

 Capable of anything

Removing a life

Slicing through a ship on the blade of a knife

As the silver moon hosts the only light

I will stay here right through the night

The waves jump furiously to greet the crest

Rocks crash and crumble making a mess

My skin is cut now

But I won’t leave this spot

Until I understand how

I have been left with  what I’ve got

A broken heart a bitter pain

I just want you to be found

And return to me again

As you gently kissed me on that night

Little did we know of our plight

To live without you I just can’t bare

I always thought that you would be there

But it was your life

The  turquoise king

As you said it was the most beautiful thing

I loved it with you

So changeable and blue

But now he has stolen you

 I can’t believe it to be true

I am sure you will be home soon

As I look and pray to the silver moon

No comments: