translate

Thursday 7 February 2013

MY STORM BY FIONA CUMMINGS


My storm

By Fiona Cummings

A stormy night

A brutal fight

Kicked to the head

Hungry not been fed

As the blood poured from my cuts

My tears washed away the hurt

I sat here on the floor

as I heard you slam the door

shattered glass

footsteps up the path

I was determined

You would not last

A burst of faith

A want to be safe

A loving place

 I will not be afraid to show my face

A hand to hold

To steady me

A heart of gold

Some sanity

A loving person to look after me

Always in your shadow

Watching over my shoulder

Will I  ever end this pain

Perhaps when I am older

What you are to me

Is a distant memory

Words you said to me

No longer leaves me in misery

For I have learned

Though my hands you burned

You no longer can touch me

For I am free

I got you out of my life

For once and for all

You don’t know where I live

You can’t even give me a call

I  once stood shivering

I now stand tall

I escaped from your wicked ways

And now I have my very own days

To live my life how I wish

To have known and lost you

I do not miss

For I have been kissed

By an angel from another land

And he has taught me love

And to understand

That I am me

No longer yours

Like that galloping stunning horse

I will run free in the valleys so green

Visit places I was not allowed to have ever seen

The sun will shine down on me

And keep me warm

Away from the evil

That was my storm

No comments: