translate

Friday 8 February 2013

SUNDAY FAMILY DINNER BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Sundays with our family

By Fiona Cummings

 

Sunday Family Dinner
By Fiona Cummings
 I love going to Granma’s garden every Sunday

There is so much room in there to play

She hands me a pail

And I avoid that awful snail

And fill my bucket

With  a tea time salad

Tomatoes and wild rocket

New potatoes too

Then some strawberry’s which  always colour my shoes

Toby has a box and he collects Sunday lunch

There is always delicious carrots for us two to munch

Then there is Bobbin, our black and white bunny

He loves the dark green broccoli

And when he sees us coming he does a springing hopping

Grammars garden is like going shopping

 But so much more fun

We climb the trees

Sometimes scuffing our knees

Grand Pop is so cool

He built us a paddling pool

And a Tarzan rope

Which hangs from Great Granny’s old oak

Grand Pop sits with us on the old wooden bench

Next to the rickety squeaking fence

Where Grammars prize roses clime

And we listen to past times

About Great Grammars oak tree

Beneath the routes is history

As peacefully sleep our old family

That house will always belong to Toby and me

And will be passed down onto our family

But it’s lots of hard work

To keep it nice

We chase the cats

Who run after the mice

And hope it will rain to fill our water buff

 It’s not easy in fact it can be tough

But we roll our sleeves up and get on with our stuff

Toby likes fixing things like the gate latch

Grammar gave me a vegetable patch

Aunt, Tillie can’t see anymore

So we have her a seat next to the back door

And Uncle  Jack brings her some sweet smelling lavender

As he is not much of a gardener

In fact  an amateur

 They smile as we run free and  enjoy

 We both know that we are a lucky girl and boy

After our family Sunday dinner

Whilst Grand Pop and  Uncle Jack watch the telly

Mum does the dishes

And Toby makes a jelly

Grammar asks me about my wishes

Though she knows what they are

With her to make some gingerbread men

That is better than anything by far

Then I sit with Aunt Tillie

And this is what she shows me

How to knit a dolly

For my best friend Molly

As soon it will be her birthday

And  though she will have a party

Nothing will be so much fun

As our happy Sundays with our family

 

No comments: