translate

Saturday 16 February 2013

WHERE I BELONG BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 
Where I belong

By Fiona Cummings

 

 

 The bitter ice snow pounded down

Footprints sunk into the ground

My heart skipped a beat

It was as though I had weights on my feet

I could not  get to you quick enough

I didn’t care about how the weather was so rough

Soon I was to be in your arms

Feeling warm and safe again

Encapsulated by your charms

Laughing joking

Loving and hoping

Hoping for our time to last forever

I just love our time together

Your hand in mine

A gentle kiss

 Stepping back to a life so fine

Forgetting present time

A world apart

A bursting heart

Full of emotion

My eyes tell of deep devotion

Oh as I walk to you

My fingertips turn blue

My face is burnt by the blizzard

This journey is a hazard

But worth every second just to be with my darling

I can’t wait to see you

Your love is making me starving

Hungry for your words so loving

Thirsty for your love so giving

Oh I can see you now

Standing on the hill so proud

What must I look like

Your smile has turned my ice into heat

My sweet loving husband again we meet

How long we have had to be apart

But never did you leave my heart

Now you are home for good

We will be together like  we should

Home at last

Where we belong

And as one this will last

    

No comments: