translate

Wednesday 13 February 2013

A Valentine poem for those in love who dare not say by Fiona Cummings


VALENTINE WISH

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

A Valentine’s wish, is what I need from above

Just one velvet kiss, from my sweet love

To feel his lips on mine

To know he will be my Valentine

To feel safe in his arms

To know I belong

Is all I ask

I don’t want to keep wearing this mask

Hiding away

 The feelings I fight each day

I want to tell the world

That he is mine and I am his girl

Just to be able to touch him

To show the love I have deep within

To be allowed the key

To the door of a world so free

So he can do what he promised me

To marry me

So I ask you Cupid

Don’t think of me  as stupid

I need your help

To believe  in us

As we belong together

For we have been in love forever

So please grant me this wish

Allow me a kiss

For it is his love I so truly miss

I plead with you

And the nation

To give us a gift

Of true free passion

So we can walk hand in hand

Across this beautiful green land

As for it is  only he who can understand

My dreams and inspiration

His love will be my salvation

 Point those arrows please his way

So he can be my Valentine on this special day

 

No comments: