translate

Saturday 9 February 2013

THE DIARY OF LITTLE WAGGATAIL


Hello friends, if you read my Saturday blog, you will know that today, Little Waggatail and I went on our first walk on our own? It was really weird? I woke up with a positive feeling. I really rarely get those. I decided today was going to be the day, when I went on my own with LWT, to the shop, I mean, where else?

I let her and BB out in their garden to pollute and put on my coat, that really looks like a sack now, weighed down with doggy doodle bags, treats and whistle. Black beauty was quite anxious to put on Waggatails harness, but a large dental stick, soon got her to change her mind.

Not sure as I tore Waggatail from it she was too impressed or keen to go out, but as soon as the key was put in the door, she was fine.

There were a bunch of men talking across the road. Oh you know that feeling, when lots of people talk, you as a blind person, know their heads are not all facing you, but one sees you, so  he or she looks. The others in the group see the person looking at something, well, just human interest to see what they are looking at?

So three  voices were chatter chattering, then two, then one, then it went quiet, as though all three of them were staring at me. I know they will be thinking, How does she do that? Hahahahah. Well, I used to be in the circus, so tightrope and flips, are my thing as I cross the road?

Joking, Tightrope? Can’t even walk on a blooming path in a streight line. I would never pass the drunk police test? Ha.

To think of my past career, when the catwalk was my platform, an now look at me, but so what, I was on a mission.

She did the up and down curb, Few, two out of ten. She didn’t walk me up the drives, mind you a lot of hard work to keep her from doing that? She avoided the overhanging bushes and trees, with their spiky fingers, waiting to grab me.

The sun was shining. It was really warm.   

I was not afraid. Anxious, yes, of course, but I had to do it. I was so fed up of being in the house,  of feeling really tearful and flat down and dark. So we passed our next road then the school  thank God, no one was there today with it being  Saturday? Then the bus shelter. An old man spoke to me. He planted a seed of smiley flowers, in my heart. Then Waggatail, went passed the cut, and I only knew it, because she acted all odd. Not “Oh, sorry Mummy, we have passed the path to go the the cycle track, let me turn us around and I will go the correct way now?

Oh, no, she said.

“I think I will sniff this and that. Have a little look over this wall and just stand here making my Mummy look a right Numpty.

So she left me to realise we had passed where we needed to be and I turned  around. Thank God for the man who came out the other day. Mr Christmas. He told me about the tactile path having two sections to it and when I realised where  I was, it was because of his help with learning my environment.

So she went through the gate and along the huge track that goes on for  miles.

Well, two minutes, hahahaha.

There was a lady behind us, with a yappy little dog. Waggatail, was so interested in that dog. So much more interesting that her Mums shop? Because I was telling her off, as she was walking backwards and that is not a good look with a harness for the blind attached to her? She got anxious and wanted to show she had the last laugh. Oh yes, she did it. She pood.

I felt her little naughty back in that position, you know, that dreaded crouching position? One that I am sure all guide dog  owners hate, as then we play the game of putting our hand in the little bag, bending down showing the  world our little bottoms in the air, or in my case, almost total black out from the sun? Then feeling the ground for what our beasts have left? Oh I had no trouble finding it, as it was still steaming hot. Then what to do with it? Normally I would place it against the wall as there are no bins, but, the lady and her dog were behind me. So I was going to the shop? What to  do with this bag?

Hmm hmm? I had a bigger pocket going into the shop than I had when I left the house.

Just really glad I wore lots of perfume this fine  day?

We bought some meat for teen and the girl in the  shop loved Waggatail as did seven lovely old ladies. I love old people, I have so much time for them, they are really lovely.

Then home. A very kind man told me where to cross the road, I knew, but, I would not be rude as one day I may not be so sure. So many people spoke and I did get home I never know I have reached my door until the key fits? Haha.

We did it. I love it, I remembered to get rid of what was in  my pocket too? Hahahaha

Right off now as just found out something is going to  happen soon. More later. xxxxxxPs thank you little WT

No comments: