translate

Sunday 3 February 2013

ENGLISH FACTS YOU WILL NEVER NEED TO KNOW?


The best place to live in the UK, according to a recent survey by the Halifax bank, is Heart in Hampshire. The reasons given in the survey, is because of health and life expectancy, employment, earnings, crime rate, weather and traffic,

The  top fifty places in the survey, are dominated by areas in the south of England.

There is a north/south divide, in several categories. The south, scores high for the above reasons, but the North,  is strong on low house prices, low population,  and low traffic flow.

 

The top five places in the UK that are considered to make you feel least anxious, are in Scotland, the  Islands. So the most simple of lifestyle is the happiest? I quite agree.

The top five places that make you most anxious, are

Leicestershire, Inner London, Peterborough, Middlesbrough and South Ayrshire

I wonder what a perfect area is? For me, first surroundings, even though Hub and I are blind, we like the country feel, smells and sounds. Good choice of shops  good schools and entertainment. Now, then, the Scottish Islands, won’t have much choice of those things, an yet they are the happiest places to live. Though I guess, when people are shopping,  there could be tension, as you don’t often see happy shoppers, do you? As for entertainment, well, I have been reading up on life in Mexico as my family “Borrowed and stolen” of course, want to live  there, and  there was an author going to recite her poetry. There was also a duck race, rubber of course and an arts and craft show/market on. And to me that sounded great and innocent. Entertainment can take many faces, like cinema, theatre, clubs for example. It depends on what rocks your boat. I wonder if there is anywhere perfect in the world to live? I have not found it yet. A perfect house, yes, my family from America, have the most perfect house, I simply love it. Oh, and don’t get me started on their furniture? Ha.

But to them it, is not perfect or they would not want to  move to Mexico from Tennessee.

Yee ha.

Some so called facts about England

 

1.       The treasures contained in the British Museum span two million years of world civilization

2.     An Englishman drinks more tea than any person of any other nation. “I think more beer too?

3.     London is the world's largest financial centre.

4.     Windsor castle is the oldest and largest royal residence in the world still in use.

5.     French was the official language of England from 1066 to 1362.

Now then, I bet you are glad you read those facts? Ha, you may never know, when you may require them? OK, you will never  need to know those facts, but I am full of useless information.

Right, now must go and get some supper, before Hub arrives. Not that he will want anything, my word, you should hear what he has had to eat this weekend? OMG? Talk about eating like a King?

“Did you like that connection to my above pros? Ha. With love until tomorrow,when Hub and I will be going out for a walk with the dogs. xx

 

No comments: