translate

Wednesday 20 February 2013

WHERE WAS THE HEAD?


OK, my back to bed  did not happen. My asthmatic fence man text me and  informed me he would be here for half eight. Then the man who came to fix my downstairs toilet, was to come this afternoon, and he arrived at twenty past eight. Good job I was dressed? But a good thing, as  I got the strength to go out and face the big bad world. God I am so pathetic.  I often wonder if I will ever  feel OK about going out on my own?

So I got the harness  dog leash, different collar, doodle bags, treats, mobile phone and cards. Oh, and reflector band?????

“Em,

… …Not!

Not the latter. Found my shoes, they matched, ha.  Always a good thing, believe me it  has been known? Hahahahaha. Many years ago when I was young stupid and  in a hurry. Unlike my sighted friend, who went out with eight of us and in a pup garden, realised as his child announced to the whole pub, that  her Dad,  had odd shoes on.

I thought oh well, if she had not have said anything, no one would have noticed? Ha. I could see in those days and looked down, to see, he was wearing one white and one black trainer.

He was so embarrassed, he asked me to help him to hide him as we walked out of the garden, guiding me, passing all of the tables, chairs, people and a security camera.

 Well he was so ashamed, he was almost attached to my back, doing an impression of a ruck sack. Not looking where we were going, tears were falling  down my face, as he was so funny saying in my ear,

“Oh God, cringe or what, do you think anyone is looking?”

Just then, he walked us both  into a bush.

Rolling around the trivet,  in fits of laughter I was, he was even more mortified, in fact, his mortir has never been so fied? Hahaha.

  So, getting back to today, I buttoned up my coat as it was a crisp morn, an yet sunny. Oh the streets were so quiet, hardly any  cars on the road. Waggatail needed her engine starting up, I managed to keep her out of the  drive ways, by holding onto her leash as well as of course the harness. Once we passed them, I let go of the leash. I don’t know the fascination with drive ways? She likes doorways, so perhaps she likes to show me every door.

House doors, shops, cafes, restaurants, greenhouses, sheds?

Haha!

We passed the grabbing tree, clicked ourselves on the holly bush, stopped at the downward indentation, thinking it was a kerb, but  no, just Waggatail wanting to sniff. Again.

She walked me onto the grass, rather than the path at her favourite place where she likes to walk every time? Then we played the game of

“Oh my God, which direction for the path, and which one for the road?

Only way I can do that is after having a panic attack, retracing my steps and trying that bit again.

We went down the right road and I bumped into a thing, I say thing, as I don’t know what it is, until, it, speaks? Sometimes it  does, but when it is a lamp post,  for some reason, they don’t  talk?

How inconvenient? Ha.

Well As I  bumped into the thing, it moved, as I can knock out people in one shoulder move,  oh yes, I can move the earth?

It said nothing, just moved and made a sound like a crinkle noise, as though it had a plastic bag attached to it. Still, it could have been a tree with an empty shopping bag caught onto it with the wind?

Then when I walked after saying sorry, hoping it was not a lamp post, a voice said

“Oh, sorry, my head was in my phone?”

I thought,

“That’s a funny place to put one’s head?

Off I continued really pushing for my dog to work. Gosh I was exhausted?

“Come on, forward, hop hop,

That means get a move on when you say hop hop. Moving swinging my right arm, God, she takes some moving? Long Chops, is away like a  flash with Hub when he walks.

My dog likes to sniff everything and look for cats, people, paper bags, grass, footballs, tennis balls cricket balls, eye balls,

Oh, no, sorry, not those,  but she likes to  do anything apart from actually getting from A to B.

She did it though,, oh making sure she did it on all fours all the way, was a challenge, as she likes to go to the toilet once on the way, so she tried today to sit down, but I  kept pulling her back up. I tell you, I felt like I had a work out at the gym?

We got into the shop and she sat and asked for her treat and then we got assistance around the shop. I had two big bags to carry all the way home. How was I  to swing my arm now? Was my thought at the time.

Right we passed the zoo, but the cheeky monkeys are on holiday, so no sounds of dogs barking from the little  darlings today, so that awful long walk,  for absolutely ages, seamed longer, as the silence chased me with footsteps following behind. It terrifies me as when the schools are out, playing as they seem to do a lot of, the kids love to run to the fence to see the dog, the dog adores kids and they always are playing with a ball, so she loves to head their way rather than the way in which we are meant to go.  When they are off on holiday, it is so quiet, as there are no houses or shops, cars or anything facing the long track in which we need to go to the shop.

Anyone could come from behind me and attack and no one would know as there is never anyone there? The odd cyclist may pass, but the sound of silence smells of fear.

 I can taste the ice, chilling through my body as I do that long seemingly never ending walk to the end.

Every time I do it when there are no children out, I am sure, there is someone behind me. I can hear footsteps and when I stop, to let them past, they stop. No one is ever there, but someone is.

We got back though, she did great coming back, not one mistake. I kept telling her, she would have a biscuit when she found home. This helped?

I  got back to our street and we avoided two work vans. One the toilet person, sorry, Plumber and the other the fence person.

Both really nice guys, with huge vans to create good obstacles, and Waggatail did it, we both, did it.

I have just got wrong as I told teen a friend came for him yesterday evening. I told teen, the friend, asked where teen was yesterday, and I  told the friend, I thought teen was at Kerens house? Well the lad  did smile,

As he left, Hub said

“That was probably Kirin?

Oops,

It was…

Oh well, how was I to know?

All the kids sound the same around here.

A great status I read today on a friend’s page on facebook. I so can relate to it.

“I’m not clumsy, it’s just tables ignore me, chairs bully me and the floor needs a hug sometimes.

I thought that was great? Right off for now. I hope today is OK for you all, a day full of love. x  

No comments: