translate

Saturday 2 February 2013

THE DIARY OF LITTLE WAGGATAIL


2 Feb 2013

Good evening, I have  kind of calmed down since yesterday’s diary. I realise that everyone is not the same and some people are not so thoughtful or considerate as others and I probably made loads of mistakes because I was not in a good frame of mind.

Today Little Waggatail was to go with me and teen, to the shops where we  have been a couple of times, I wanted to see how she did. We went on the bus, Did I take the harness off? No, but I also did not use the harness as I let the  handle down, for teen to guide me on. We stood as there were no seats, we only had one stop to do. I worked her off, as there is no way, on earth, I can walk off  a bus without getting the people behind me irate as I bounce from seat to seat, ha. Grabbing anything that feels like a door? I mean, I would rather keep my dignity and walk off gracefully as sighted people do. The fool who made it the rule not to use a harness on a bus, I would like to see that person live in a blind world for a week getting on and off public transport without using  their dog?

We got off smoothly. She was great. She worked brilliantly. Shops are Waggatails thing, the girl likes to do retail.

I swear, she walks as though she is on high heels. Tottering along looking in the windows of all the designer shops, well, OK, Tesco, Costa coffee and Pet’s at home….. But you get the idea?

“You don’t?”

Oh, well let’s jog on?

So she went into her favourite shop, P.A.H. She sat for her treat for getting me there and if she could have had a basket, she would have done.

We passed Berty bunny and LWT said hello to him. We passed the gerbils and all of the other animals. We came to the toys. Oh boy, Waggatail was in retail heaven. She picked up a toy, only after she sniffed a few out and decided that was the one she wanted. Then we went to another isle, and she was determined she knew what toy she wanted,  moving all of the bells, squeaks and ropes to get to the biggest ball in the world. As big as a beach ball.

Well the dam thing was scooped up in the air, too big for LWT’s jaw, she nosed it, it went flying down the aisle, bounced off a lady and back to the goal of Waggatail. Then  as she stopped it with her stocky body, it bounced back again, bouncing banging and bowling down another isle, just missing a baby in a  pram. Teen thought it was hysterical. Rather than grabbing the ball and putting it back, all clean for the purchaser,  he gave me a running commentary about the game of volleyball.

I died with shame. The blooming noise of it and the fact that my well behaved guide dog, on harness, was behaving like a delinquent?

 

We bought a couple of toys, one of them a large teddy with rope limbs. It’s body squeaks and the other thing is great, it’s a bone, where by  treats can be put into the ends. It makes a sound too when shook.

I bought them a chew, you know one of those that lasts for half an hour? Hmm. Right.

We came out of there and she found the coffee shop. We had a drink and left there, went into Tesco and bought a couple of things for teen. Then she  found the bus, sort of any way. Teen followed and I would say she did OK, about 3 out of 10 outside of the shops, in the shops, 8 out of 10.

    It was when we got home that was so funny. I was happy how she got home, she did really well, I mean, all of these houses in a line, down both sides of the street, and she knows where her house is, I know, all dogs and cats know where they live, but it is still clever I think, I mean, they are animals at the end of the day?

So we got in, BB and LC, were excited to find out all of the news about how the new pup did, as I was trying to tell them, puppy Waggatail, decided to push in and before we knew it, she had the shopping bag opened and took out the teddy and held it in her mouth, showing the girls what she, yes she, had bought. She then put it back on the couch, and rummaged through the bag again, and took out the other toy, well, then Long Chops liked the look of that so Waggatail ran away with it an LC chased her. Together they went mad, with the bone hanging out of Waggatails mouth, with a humongous label still attached to it. But it was so funny, it was really like she was showing her sisters what she had bought, it looked so human?

Back home, they have all been fed and watered and now the toys are put away in the doggy cupboard for another day.

 

No comments: