translate

Sunday 17 February 2013

the doormouse


Good afternoon my friends and a very warm  welcome to Guernsey. A few new countries have joined us again but Guernsey, was the latest. I do hope you come back?

It always surprises me how countries end up on this page, is it by recommendation, or by accident, but, when I see those countries visit again, it’s great. That is when they have joined the Fi Blogget family and what a lovely family we are, well, unless you are my teen? More in a mo Jo!

I set my alarm to wake up for church today. My Hub got out of bed and sadly felt like he was coming down with a cold. He never feels well these days and I know it is  his job. He is in different climates one day red hot, the next snow. Different time zones too. His food pattern  is out of sorts too. He has breakfast when he should be having evening dinner, he has lunch when he should be in bed, it is a nightmare.

Well this Thursday, I think he is finding out about his job, I know he really is tired of it, though, he really really is passionate about it too and always will do his best as half a job is so not my Hub.

He is a work a holic, in fact, he should go to his meetings and stand up and say

“Hello, my name is Hub Blogget, and I am a work a holic?

Hahahahaha.

He said he felt really ill. He has been unwell for the whole of this year, and I asked him if he wanted to lay in rather than go to church, he  knew how I needed to go to get Waggatail used to the route, and said he would go, but I know he is in the US at the end of the week, so I need him to be as well as he could be.

I ran him a bath and he took some paracetamols.

My teen came in at half ten yesterday evening. He just walked past us, saying nothing and went to bed.

I was dreading waking up, needed to get to church to get out of the house so when  Hub said he was quite ill, I thought, Oh God?

In all day with the teen?

After a few hours when teen had driven us to distraction with his over enthusiasm for his dreadful music, Hub said he wanted to take me out for lunch.

I said no, as really that is all we have done this year, though I absolutely love it?

Also I knew he was not feeling good, so I was happy to just stay in.

Then I thought of the stress that will fill our house with teen later, and knew Hub hates Teens music, so I said I would go.

I really was not feeling at all confident. You know those days when you just want to hide?

Well Hub insisted we went and I am glad I did as I was told for once.

Booked a taxi and decided to try a new place for us. It was a very old chocolate box pub with stone floors and a coal fire. Oh I love the  smell of coal fires?

It was packed and Hub and I stood like lemons at the bar for a while, before someone asked if they could help us. I always let Hub do that as I never know when they are talking to us and feel an idiot when I answer so I kindly allow him to look the idiot, as he does it with style? Hahaha.

The kind man showed us to our table and we had a delicious meal.  Like all pubs, the vegetables  were a let down, but the rest of the meal was divine.

I had yum yum battered mushrooms, oh they were amazing, the batter was so crisp and had black pepper on them, and when you bit into them, they were so creamy after then I had Yorkshire puddings and veg, with roast potatoes and delicious suet pudding with stilton cheese and leeks. Oh it was lovely no room for dessert and the desserts sounded wonderful?

Taxi home, and faced the teen with attitude whereby he told some funny and sad home truth’s. Oh a blog for later but really eye opening and very sad, made me feel like a complete failure again. Hub kept out the way as he would just lose his cool with teen.

Oh now teen is out, not sure where, who with or when he will be home. A new me is about to wake up. I don’t like it though.

Going to have a coffee with Hub in the kitchen now, and write later with our chat with teen and myself. It was hard hitting.

   

No comments: