translate

Friday 1 February 2013

THE DIARY OF LITTLE WAGGATAIL


1 Feb 2013

I was not in the best of frames today, as Hub had to go to France and I worry myself sick about him. He is on his own, and has three trains to catch. It is OK to worry about him getting there safe, if God is kind and will allow him to be safe, it’s just the fact that he can’t see and shouldn’t have this stress in  getting  places on his own?

So I have  his Long Chops and she hates being left, my Black beauty is calm and just is happy to sleep and eat, sounds like her owner, and Pup, little Waggatail, is as hyper as ever.

I waited an hour after I was expecting GDI to come before I heard the car pull up.

I had everything ready, it really is like having a baby, for all of the things needed.

I was to meet with Nicola as well, who is the mobility trainer and is absolutely fantastic at her job. She was the driver who was going to do road safety with me.

It has been about nine years since I last did this and I was apprehensive.

As soon as GDI saw me, she commented on how I didn’t look right. I didn’t feel right either. My eyes are killing today and my nerves are wrecked.

I just knew that LWT, would not do good today as well, and I found out that the last traffic training they did  with a man yesterday, they almost ran him and his dog over?

I am not at  all surprised after how I see how they do  it now days?

I had to stand in the middle of a road and the driver pulls up at speed, I  have to walk until the dog stops. If she doesn’t, behind me, my GDI, shouts stop.

What if she  doesn’t say it quick enough?

By the time the third street had been done, I was a wreck.

Waggatail was alright, but only because I walked like a tortoise.

I was still inches off the car but I think it was touching the  poor man yesterday and I cannot believe how dangerous that is?

All of the bins were out over the pavements so I greeted each one, all but three, and it was those three, I was encouraged to praise my pup. I was furious with her though that she walked me into any? Really by  this     stage when we get them, they shouldn’t  bump you into anything.

Black beauty never did and though she was not a good guide dog ever, Waggatail at the moment, makes BB look fantastic.

She did her business out whilst walking and just made so many mistakes. I was nervous and my GDI, kept telling me where I was going wrong, which made me feel worse.

 On our return my GDI, told me I should put a dish of dog food, on top of, wait for it? My Hubs £26,000 highly polished piano.

Why? So Waggatail, will want to come home? As she just messed about coming back, not wanting to come home too soon.

So this encourages her to jump on top of the piano? As well as the doors? She has our  doors in such a mess?

Then the worst news, I was told two things. One the reason LWT worked so badly, was because I was not getting her out enough?

Well, excuse me, but I dare not take her out and I am having on average four hours training in a week? Just not enough, then the punch came.

Because I am not getting Black Beauty out enough, something I can’t do on my own, not aloud, My GDI, could remove her.

Over my dead body?

She gets out with teen and when I get a volunteer, she will get out with me too, as long as I don’t use her as  a guide dog, also we are not allowed to take them out with another guide dog, so I can’t walk Waggatail and BB in the other hand.

So not a good day and  my GDI is due back, guess when?

Nine days’ time.

I am furious. Absolutely furious.

In three weeks you can not even say I have done three full day’s work.

Now I am  left with thoughts that I may give my puppy back as a reject.

If I do though, there will be no more. And what a life for me?

I just hate failure and feel like I have big time, but now I am worried they are going to  make a big deal about taking BB from  me.

 

No comments: