translate

Saturday 2 February 2013

EMPTY VIEW BY FIONA CUMMINGS


EMPTY VIEW

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Open my eyes so I can see

The wonders of life which has been kept from me

A smile on her face

The glint in his eyes

My favourite place

The  starry skies

Let life be a dream come true

Allow me to view the world just like you

Remove the heavy burden of these blankets

And deep pain within my eye sockets

Free from this hurting

A jail sentence with an appeal constantly adjourning

Rusty chains which tie me down

A cold slab pushing me to the ground

Please give me this gift of sight

Let me live without a fight

I’m not asking much

Just to see without having to touch

To be able to read a birthday card without any trouble

To walk without finding rubble

To see what’s in fashion

To catch the look of passion

to read what others think

to know what I am giving to drink

to enjoy the presentation of food

to understand what looks good

to see my Childs first play

to experience the suns ray

the snow cap hills

the visual thrills

the rivers which flow

valleys below

a deer grazing

all nature so amazing

the colours on a bird

I would love to observe

An African nature reserve

A family of elephants

The tropical plants

Without your gift to see

Do you know what it is like for me

A dark world

So harsh and cold

The pain so emotionally bold

A kick in the stomach I just fold

In deep despair

Pulling out my hair

I just want to see like you

the colours as simple as turquoise blue

please remove my empty view

No comments: