translate

Thursday 7 February 2013

CUT TO BITS


Oh Gosh, it has been one of those days. I have spent most of the day doing awful on line grocery shopping and catching up  with emails, not friendly emails, business ones. So no fun. Then on the phone to people again, not friends. Then teen comes home and tells me he is not ready to take another music exam and he is driving me mad as he knew it was coming up and has done nothing for it.

 Then, I open the kitchen cupboard, and out falls a tin of sweet corn.

Smashes on our hob, which is six months old. Oh a nightmare? It is so hard to shop and now I need a new glass top. I mean, not to mention the money?

Hub sent a text he is in the theatre, no, he has not  changed his profession,  theatre, as in actors?

I guess I will get the phone call later from him, to ask how I broke our brand new hob?

Might turn off phone? I feel bad enough as it is?

My fingers are splintered with shattered glass. I feel like I have been stung by a bunch of nettles.

As when the tin dropped, I just heard the sound, then had to look to see  if there  was any damage? With my fingers.

Teen says I need to chill? Chill? That is fine, but I can think of  a lot more I could spend that money on?

Also it is the inconvenience of having to look for a new one on line, without being able to see the picture and then hope you have had it measured right.

Then get someone to fit it.

God?

My pup is bored stiff, she really needs to get out. Teen is out at the weekend with girl.  So not sure what to do about that?

I guess tomorrow, I should try the shop. God, how boring though? How much butter can a girl buy?

I have to be up early again tomorrow as we are getting a shelf fitted in the dog cupboard.

No, we don’t keep our  dogs in a cupboard, it is a cupboard for their stuff.

I tried calling my aunt yesterday to see her plans for coming, but the  thing she lives with answered the phone, so I didn’t get to talk to her.

I doubt my aunt even knows I called.

I am sure she is still  coming though?

Hub off in a couple of weeks with friends from church, for a curry night. It will be nice for him to be with local people, as moving here is like anywhere, we knew no one and the few people we have met so far have all been really nice.

Teen certainly has settled in.

Right off to see if I can find our hob!

x

No comments: