translate

Saturday 2 February 2013

THE KEY OF SIGHT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE KEY OF SIGHT BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I was to meet with you on a cold February day

I knew your voice but didn’t know what to say

I had never felt this way before

Any minute you were to walk through the door

What would you look like to me

As I can’t see

How would I look like to you

As the same for you is true

Both of us with no vision

But full of loves greatest passion

Words had been spoken on the telephone

But this was the first time I was to have you in my home

As an adult anyway

As when we were kids we used to play

But I could see then

Just enough

To know that it was you I did love

And after so many years had past

My love for you  sure did last

But now I was without sight

What would I see in you and me

And when you came through my front door

It was like all those years ago

  No vision was needed

A new light had been created

Inside my mind

I was no longer blind

You were like a God to me

You gave me the permission to see

From the eyes of a blind person

I could see passion

I could see what the world wanted me to see

And that was the life in perspective of a new me

You lifted the dreadful ache of blindness

That was slowly guiding me to the road of madness

I felt so free

I at last could see

The beauty that was you and me

How could we feel such wonderful love

It was truly like a gift from above

I had been to hell and back

Was sick and tired of the colour black

But you gave a very special gift to me

And that was the inner key

To unlock the dark

And ignite the spark

To give me a chance

To find my way

Night after night

I did  pray

For an angel of sight to come my way
 

Written for my Hub. A true poem by Fiona Cummings

No comments: