translate

Friday 22 February 2013

POSH CHEF PARTY


The posh chef

My lovely coffee cup friend was to pick me up and we were to go to a Posh Chef party. Hub was also to be collected, to  go to a beer and curry night with the guys. This was all  new for us both, as Hub only knows a couple of people from the group, I only thought I knew coffee cup, until I got to the house. Teen had actually been in a whole day, and looks like he will be in today as well, as Bunches,

Is going to a

 “Spa day!”

Tomorrow is the night he is partying. Bunches is coming here. I wish I had somewhere to go for the hour before the party, though not leaving them here.

Any way enough on them, I will give you an update next week on that side of my life.

So back to  our night last night.

The doorbell rang, the wolfs went mad, Well, Long Chops, barked did a lot of growling, Waggatail, cried and moaned. Little Black Beauty, just did her usual thing of bowing, sticking her bum in the air, I mean, what is that supposed to say to incomers?

Anyway, it was the wonderful sweet  caring Kevin and friends. Kevin is a great guy, so glad  he went. Hub left on the walking bus? Hahahahaha. No tickets needed. Forty minutes into town, picking people up along the way and into the pub. At first Hub said it was fine, in the background, there was a football match on the television. Then a big game came on, well Hubs hearing went. The sound was turned ups so loud with the sub base pounding, so Hub could not hear the conversation. It is really hard for us to join in when there is loud music, or crowds of people. Sighted people do a lot of lip reading. I bet you don’t realise what experts you all are at the art of reading of the lips? Try it next time you are in a group of people and there is music. Don’t tell anyone you are doing it, though they may think you are a little odd, when sitting there with your eyes closed, so perhaps do it when just you and your partner are in a room full of loud music. No one sighted speaks louder in those situations. So I promise you won’t be able to hear. If you all do it as a group, then you  will all compensate and talk in a louder voice, so of course then you will, be able to hear.

But they were not there long and off to the restaurant. Hub enjoyed it and he spoke to some really interesting people. Of course our funny Welsh friend was there too, and Hub really gets on with him. Well there is a future blog I am sure about Hub in the late evening trapped in a car park trying to get back home, ha. But later gator…. He returned home safe thank God.

My night?

Coffee cup and I walked to her friend’s house. Chatting on the way, she is a very clever lady and quick witted. A Lancashire lass too, so my old school days were brought back, thankfully not the bad memories, as I had some great friends there, two of them, I am still friends with and although we just keep in touch now by Facebook, we still have a deep connection, as we went to the first boarding school together too, so from the age of six we have all known each other.

It was a freezing night, and still, ever so still.

I deliberatly, didn’t tell teen what time we would be back, he kept asking.

As we stood on the doorstep of the persons house, ringing the bell, from the closed door, could be heard lots of laughter. A lot of ladies were at this Posh Chef’s party.

We walked in the warm house met the delightful lady who was hosting the party and behind me, walked a beautiful soul from church, no, not a ghost, but Sarah. Oh she is so very nice and funny, through the night, told me she was a size 8 clothes. I thought, “God, that’s my leg? Ha.

Coffee cup showed me to a chair and bless her was my eyes for the night. Sarah sat next to me and in walked my Geordie friend, from where I used to live, my home town. She and I share the same humour, you can’t beat the humour or warmth of the North East. There is nothing or nowhere like it.

The ladies were really nice and so well behaved? Hahahahah. Totally different to the parties I am used to back home? Ha.

Well then it was time to start the Posh Chef party….In walked a tall man, with his chef’s hat on, white coat, chef’s boots and check trousers. Silver spoon in hand, plum in mouth. Queen’s English rolling out from his Private school taught tight lipt mouth…

OK, not quite, a lady started to talk about the night an her roll.

No, not jam roll, but job.

Posh Chef, is  a company from America, and by the prices, the items they sell, we are to pay for the transport from America too.

First class!

I think it was on the lady’s/hosts coffee table, this rep, prepared a curry, in a hurry.

My homey, said “Oh curry in a hurry to me, is out of a jar?

I said mine, is out of the freezer?ahhahahahah. We, laughed.

It’s funny, Homey and I, laugh from our belly’s, the ladies around here, laugh from their mouths. So interesting to see how people differ from town to town in the UK.

I must say, the curry smelled lovely, but all I could think about, was, I hope she is not  scratching her table with the chopping and so on?

The lady who was doing the talking, selling, was great, she really  described everything she had and was doing with it. I bought a garlic press. I hate the smell of garlic on my hands and this thing, you put the garlic in with the skin and it does the removing of the skin and crushes the garlic for you. For the cost of £20. And some pence.

It was a nice evening, with really interesting nice ladies. My friend and I walked home and  Hub came in about half an hour later.

Then I went to bed, got up, wrote some poems had some toast, as had nothing to eat apart from two hot cross buns in the morning before. Just could not eat anything. Oh, and some rice at the party, as it was chicken curry so would not eat that. But it did smell  good.

Up again very early this morning as half eight my plumber is fixing the toilet, for the last day.

Hub off to the US tomorrow.

Have a lovely Friday my friends. x

No comments: