translate

Friday 15 February 2013

MY FRIDAY DIARY


Good afternoon my friends. I hope to find you all well? It is so lovely and sunny here today and much warmer. Like an early spring day. We would not go out to walk the dogs though, as there is only one way to our park field, and to get to it, is a huge mud patch.

Oh the village I went to the other day, to meet with two other guide dog owners, with my GDI, was so pretty. Only a few miles away from here, with its church bells ringing as our car pulled up. My GDI, said they were coming from the chocolate box church across the road.  

We went training in the coffee shop? Hahira. A new one though. We met with two really nice blind people. One of them I had already been out for a meal with as he is a friend of a friend. It was lovely and I got a guided tour, from the car afterwards of course.

It would have been better if we walked around, but hay ho?

So from the car window, I learned there was a  butchers, a delicatessen, a fruit shop a dry cleaners, a post office and  a few other shops which were not so useful, but the others?

That is the village, where there is a huge area, dedicated only to or for dogs.

So Hub and I could make a day there. Two buses to get there though.

The houses there are huge too. But I think it gets flooded.

The lady who I met at the coffee shop, was also blind, hence, guide dog owner, and she told me she went to the gym there. The guy who was there, laughed and said he was allergic to that word, I told him it was a foreign word to me.

I envy those who can do it though, the lady also told me she just does not eat, crisps, bread, potatoes and Yorkshire puddings!

“Em, hello!”

What is left?

Oh I wish I could get fit and healthy, I really do. I have a tread mill but in the garage in bits since we moved and there is nowhere to put it here. Our last house was much bigger than this one so more room.

Anyway, the lady, told us she was doing boxing? Oh, that sounds fun? A lady holds those bags and she punches them. I would love that, now!

I had my last day today with my GDI. Waggatail and I went to the Doctors. Still have not done the church. But I hope a lady will come out to do routes with me without the dog  in a couple of weeks? If it is the same lady who came out when we first moved here, she is great.

Of course I also have my reject volunteer to look forward to as well? Ha. I really liked the lady who came out to assess me. I wish she was a volunteer. She was so lovely.

Oh, I heard Bunches Mums voice last night. She shouted from her car to Teen.

“Come near my daughter again, and I will have you?

Joking,

She was nice and just said hello to him.

Only an hour before he is due in, oh dreading that conversation about the room thing I was telling you before.

Our Canary

 Irish, of course, is singing back to normal again, after a couple  of odd days of almost silence.

My hob came today, I thought we could have a normal tea? But no, our electrician, can’t make it until tomorrow now. So baked potato again for tea?

Oh my BF, sent me a great CD yesterday and today I received a card in the post with a letter or something inside it, I am not sure what it is or whom it is from until Teen gets in.

Tried to do on line banking today, and make a new payment, but, we received a card reader, one of those machines like what you put your card in shops? The on line banking is easy, but the card reader is not at all accessible. After a few minutes on the phone to our bank, I learned they also had card readers that talked to you, not as in actual talking to you, like

“Hi there card reader, how’s it going?

“Oh, great Fifi, and you?”

But reads out what is written on screen on the card reader itself. Just in case no one knows about them, I will keep you informed what they will be like to use?

I will write later The diary of little Waggatail. Teen out to a party tonight. Boys only…. God help us?

Laters Gators.    

No comments: