translate

Sunday 24 February 2013

DARLING CHILD TO MAN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


DARLING CHILD TO MAN

By Fiona Cummings

I cannot believe how sixteen years have gone so fast

So much we have gone through together in our past

It doesn’t seem so long ago since I held you close

You were the perfect baby with golden curls and a button nose

You looked at me with your sapphire eyes of love

It was then, when I knew you were a gift from above

How proud you made me

The most beautiful baby

All I had to offer you was so much affection

And a promise of a lifetime of pure devotion

It was you and me against the world

I had to protect my precious pearl

All I wanted for you was happiness

I never wanted you to understand the word sadness

Together we went to your first day at school

Listening to your gripes of having to obey the rules

You placed your hand in mine  it was so small

I watched you grow up so handsome and tall

Battles we have gone through

Arguing for sure this is true

But always been there for each other

And I hope we  will forever

For you and I have a real bond between us

I hope for always there is a trust

Just understand one thing in life my Son

Know you are loved more than anyone

Who knows what your future holds

I just pray you achieve your goals

Feel the sun upon your face

Go through life with grace

Always be in a safe place

Don’t allow yourself to be ruled by anger

Keep out of danger

Treat others with respect they have earned

And tell people of what you have learned

Know I will always be here for you

As it is so very true

That my Darling child to man

I absolutely love you

No comments: