translate

Wednesday 20 February 2013

POPPING THOSE HORSE PILLS


Our plumber is still working, though the toilet almost done, he never stops working, but he is so slow? I like things done yesterday. He is really sweet though. My fence is up…..For how long? I have not yet seen it and I have got away with the poor man not dying on me. Horse pills in pocket, packed lunch and a perfect job….

That is  what he told me.

Poor thing still doesn’t sound well, but at least the job is done. He is such a lovely person too and for him to be so ill with Asthma, oh it’s awful?

I am almost too afraid to go an look at the job outside for my dog run.

I told him what I wanted, doing all the right hand movements, ha. Let’s see what he has done?

OK, not just yet, but I will let you know.

He seems a genuine person and was recommended to me by the lady I met recently on the field, no, I don’t just wonder off on a field, and get recommendations from strange ladies, but we were introduced by my guide dog lady my GDI, as she, the recommender, ha, had this man to do a dog run for her guide dog. I have not got a typical dog run, you know me, I have to be different? It is more like an L shape, as the walls form the other sides and we don’t need a ground section as we have a great slabbed area with drainage.

It has been a boring full day, you know what it is like when you have work men in the house? Oh and the dirt?

I don’t know where to start to clean up?

And they don’t take their shoes off? “Urr!

The doors have been opened all day the house is so cold and my garage door is also open, for all the neighbourhood to have a little look at my very tidy place of tools……..

Em, well, not quite.

Oh I will write in “The diary of little Waggatail later, what she did for the first time today, it was the cutest thing?

All day, almost anyway, I have been looking on line for a card, for my Teens sixteenth birthday.

How difficult it is to find? OMG? I can get one, but there are awful words in there.

I don’t just want a Son birthday card, as he will get those from others, not that many people buy him that is, For sure his Father won’t and that is sad, partly because he has not got our address, that would make it difficult, but not impossible.

Oh I am feeling so bad about them two. But it is a hard enough job taking care of Teen right now, without a poor Father intervening.

So a week to  go before his birthday, and no card as yet. Hmm.

Have not heard from hub all day. I hate that when he  is not in contact. As specially as he is in his own office with no real important meetings, he has a break, though he rarely takes them.

Remember, I’m out tomorrow evening with my coffee cup friend, and Hub on his curry night? Hehehe.

I had a call from my Yam today. Oh she sounded tired, bless her? She calls me through the night, as like my friends, well all of my friends but two, she does not sleep at nights. My friends and I are former night owls.

Or we worked the night shift somewhere in our past? Ha.

Did you know,people who   have never seen light or images, when sleeping and dreaming, show very little if any rapid eye movement.

I read this on health.howstuffworks.com › ... ›

Bad things happen in the dark. Just ask any child, who knows that monsters appear in the closet and under the bed after lights out. The phrase "a dark and stormy night" is a prerequisite for a good scary story, because night is when ghosts, serial killers and supernatural creatures all make their most haunting appearances. With all these bad things happening at night, how can we fall asleep? Why don't we stay awake and defend ourselves?

It's possible that humans sleep at night because our ancestors needed to be hidden away, snug as a bug in a rug, when nocturnal predators were on the prowl. But even though scientists aren't quite sure of the reason why we sleep at night, they do know that melatonin has something to do with why we get sleepy as the sky goes dark.

Melatonin is a hormone produced by the pineal gland in the brain, which receives its marching orders from the hypothalamus. The human eye, which is connected to the brain via nerve endings, sends messages to the brain when the sky gets darker, helping the hypothalamus keep track of the day's progression. When dusk falls, the hypothalamus alerts the pineal gland to start producing melatonin. Melatonin production continues throughout the night, spiking in the wee small hours and tapering off once it's morning. Though scientists aren't exactly sure how the hormone helps us sleep, it's clear that melatonin is integral to keeping us on a 24-hour-a-day schedule of snoozing when it's dark and waking when it's light.

Blind people don't get these cues, as they can't tell when it's light and when it's dark. As a result, many blind people lack a sleep pattern based on a 24-hour day; instead, their body adopts free-running circadian rhythms that approximate a 25-hour day [source: Goode]. This means that a blind person could be up all night, and then feel an intense need to sleep at a point that moves an hour forward or back every day. In a 1999 study, researchers found that they could use melatonin supplements to regulate a blind person' s circadian clock, so that they fell asleep and woke up at the same time as the general population [source: Goode].

sleeping disorders?

Oh, and this is interesting!

With an ever-increasing number of studies finding a direct connection between sleep deprivation and weight gain, it's difficult to deny the cause-and-effect relationship. People who get at least seven hours of sleep per night tend to have less body fat than people who don't. There are, of course, other factors involved in determining who becomes overweight and who doesn't, like food intake, exercise and genes. But sleep is a more integral of the process than most people realize. In a study involving 9,000 people between 1982 and 1984 (NHANES I), researchers found that people who averaged six hours of sleep per night were 27 percent more likely to be overweight than their seven-to-nine hour counterparts; and those averaging five hours of sleep per night were 73 percent more likely to be overweight.

Many people who are sleep deprived don't even know it. Lots of us think there's quite a bit of give in how much sleep a person needs to be healthy and well functioning, but most researchers disagree, putting seven hours as the minimum for all except the very young and the very old.

“I knew it wasn’t the  crisps?” Oh, wait until I tell Hub?

Talking of Hub, since I have started to write this, he has just called me. Oh I heard over the phone, on our wonderful train, bringing Hub home, this announcement.

“Could the driver please leave the train and go to platform two? I, mean,  three?”

Hahahaha, What? Is Hub driving the train back?

Right off to look at the fence now, wish me  luck?

x  

 

No comments: