translate

Wednesday 20 February 2013

PICK UP A PENGUIN


A night of a short sleep. I went to sleep about one this morning though I went to bed at a good time. Woke up loads and up at sixish with Hub. Off to his office he went. So now I am waiting to see if he has made the train OK? The waiting game again. My canary, Irish of course, is in full tune. Little sweetheart, he has had his drink of water, it is so clever the way he knows how to suck the water pipe? I so feel for him, as he never gets out of his cage. It is huge, but still, though, he is very happy, if singing for a bird is proof of happiness, my bird is raw Prozac!

I watched a great wildlife program the other day, with our fantastic audio we have in the UK. Normally I can’t watch wildlife shows, as they always show animals killing each other. But this one was the end of the program so it was OK?

It was about penguins. Oh they are amazing? I was talking to my BF about it yesterday and we laughed as we said they looked like little nuns? Ha.

I really love penguins. But the audio described how when the Mother penguin was passing her egg, she sat in a particular way, pushing her tail against the egg so it fell onto her feet, for a soft landing so she could steady the egg? Then she put her feathers over the egg to protect and keep warm and the  Daddy looked on.

How do the Father penguins know when this process is going to  happen?

The Father has to gain the Mothers trust before she will leave him to look after the egg in the same way she has been. Then he has the egg on his feet and all the mothers gather to pray…

Ha. Only Yolking?

The Mothers all  march off in a line to the water to hunt for their food to bring back to their men. All the men, huddle together with their children to be. It is so amazing and no one can tell me we just have evolved when animals know exactly what to do?

The funny thing is, humans are thought of as the most advanced, an yet, babies have to be taught to suck the bottle, hold a spoon and walk. Animals do it on their own? Well, OK funny  Bloggets, not hold a spoon, you know what I mean?

“You don’t?

Oh!”

I am going to bed for an hour. Then I really hope I  get out of bed feeling brave as I have to go to the shop today for bread. Oh I don’t think I can today, one of those bad days? A sinking ship is what I am today and I know why, but nothing can be done about it.

Hub on the train OK, just told me that there may be delays coming home again. I really can’t bare our railways now.

Later Gators with love.

No comments: