translate

Friday 4 January 2013

WELCOME WAGGATAIL


Thank Goodness, I feel better today than yesterday. Oh it was dreadful yesterday, I felt like I was really letting my old guide dog down by having to retire her.

My Hub was  great with me, understood what I was going through, as he remembered his first guide dog. It broke his heart he had to hand her over, I  am lucky, I am keeping my little Black beauty. Oh if I had to give her up, there is no way I would have another one. I know some people have no choice, if they are the only one at home and they work, or if there is no one to walk the retired dog, as we are not supposed to take the retired dogs out, as we can only have one dog and that dog is the one that is to guide us.

This is what worries me about walking my BB, I really hope I can do it.

How, we are not  too sure, I think, I will go with  Hub, and take my stick and BB on the other side, it will  mean that we can’t take three together, but as long as they all get exercise of some sort.

So my tears from yesterday had dried up. Oh I was a wreck the pain was awful one that I really did not expect.

BB, is my very first guide dog and I thought of all what we have gone through together. She has been with me since my teen was five and now teen is fifteen.

She has got us through first school, all of the school plays we attended, all of the school parent meetings and fates, through middle school and then onto high school. She has seen some sights with my X, been there as my companion and got me to solicitors for our divorce,  the local registers to sign for my marriage to my now hub and seen us through our lovely courtship and the wonderful places we attended together, when for the first time in my life, I was a blind person, meeting with another blind person.

She has been my eyes and my sweetest little friend. How hard it will be to harness the new pup up, and watch my old  BB, looking at us feeling rejected and unwanted as well as useless.

This is why some GDO’s (GUIDE DOG OWNERS) give their dogs to another family, who will look after retired dogs, they don’t want to put their dogs through that, I can understand that, but my little old BB, will still have her bed, her same dish, her toys the love from the same Mum and Dad as well as her big brother. The same family she has had for ten years almost.

I can’t imagine, what the dog must feel, when you give them away? Oh I know I think too deeply and some would say, as long as they are fed, and walked they could not care, but I believe differently. I am entitled to my views too! I believe that animals have feelings and memories and deserve the respect that a child would be given or an elder parent facing an age where they can not look after themselves.

Anyway, enough of my babbling on about feelings, and now for the arrival of my new Puppy, Waggatail.

The doorbell rang, our Long chops barked and BB went to the door rather sheepishly.

The guide dog lady who is so lovely and so very professional, in a non-patronising manner, an yet not forgetting her heart, as some of the people from Guide dogs, really are as cold as ice, walked in without my Waggatail.

We put our two dogs in the conservatory and GD lady talked us through the what to do and what not to do’s.

Then it was time for Waggatail to come in.

Apparently, she has been to the beauty parlour today. Unlike my Bb, who came to us stinking. Waggatail walked in all shiny soft and stink free, well, almost.

Oh she is so sweet. She has lost some puppy fat since I last saw her. I love those words, “Puppy fat?” I had it for twenty years? Hahahaha. Then I had to admit it was mature dog fat and it was going nowhere, though this year, I hope to get fit and back into my  size 12 jeans? Well,  a girl can dream?

So Guide dog lady left and after a cuddle with new pup, we let the hounds in.

They had a bit play and Waggatail had a drink and then I let her in the garden for her pollutions. This is the main thing they concentrate on. Getting their spending good. That is what they call it, spending? I’m really good at spending, but not the kind they are talking about.

They are all checking each other out now and not quite sure what to make of it all. Waggatail, is very interested in what there is in the house and I can tell, she is waiting for Guide dog lady to come back for her, but she won’t be here till Monday, then it will be a morning of grooming and making sure I have her toilet training right, though she of course will go outside, it is to make sure she goes where I want  her to go and not necessarily where she wants to go, or I will never know where her mess is, to pick up?

She is  a cutey, Teen is out with the lovely Posh girl to the movies, so he has not met with Waggatail yet.

Well, I will keep you updated as the days of training go on and other things in my life, oh before I go, will tell you about teen.

He went out  a couple of nights ago, to meet with friends. He and a boy from his school met for the first time this year, so to greet each other, they met with a hug and jumped around whilst hugging…….Because you do that when you are six foot and fifteen? Hmm.

Well, the poor boy, fell  backwards, bringing teen on top of him, the teen scuffed his wrist, whilst the other boy,  ended up in hospital, with   concussion.

The moral of that story is,

“When you greet my teen, make sure  there is a wall between you.

Laters my Bloggets with love xxx

No comments: