translate

Saturday 12 January 2013

HAS TO BE THE LONGEST POEM IN THE WORLD?


 In a whisper

By Fiona Cummings

Walking through the dark damp forest

Contemplating my life’s long list

As echoes followed me of ghosts I mist

Voices vocal to a time gone by

Pushing me forward to a new path to try

So many questions ending with why

Rhythms so musical

Laughter so comical

Guiding me past the odd woodland  obstacle

I sat on a bentch

Next to a fence

Looking across the river

Into a field full of tents

 It was early spring

It really made no sense

So cold even the birds found it hard to sing

Though a dove sat on the arm of a tree

He was so sweet just looking at me

I wanted to cuddle it and call it my pet

Tell him I came in his namesake and was no threat

I sat back enjoying the rest

Keeping so still as I discovered a nest

Half way up a fern

Baby birds who will have to learn

How to fly

And live from the sky

Food it will have to catch

I wonder how many would hatch

How many would survive

I’d hope they would all stay alive

As the sun broke through the foliage

I felt a warm kiss upon my face

  Suddenly I was in a beautiful place

A gift was given to me

By the Knightwood   oak tree

She whispered in my ear

Saying, walk forward in life my dear

Then the sun left me with a blister

And in came the oaks sister

The tall slender beach

Held out a branch but I could not reach

She beckoned to me to go to her

I did, passing the Grand Fir

She placed her spindly fingers to my lips and said

I had to go and find the colour red

I understood

I was to be quiet as I searched for the Redwood

When I found him he promised me a life so good

Suddenly my pathway was blocked

By a Cedar

Instructing I had to be a believer

  But to believe in what?

In the wise Hawthorn

Who told me a story about being born

I listened to the fable

About the Maple and the Hazel

Who fought so hard they did bleed

As they disagreed they came from a seed

From the same earth they did feed

From the sky they drank

The same sun they should thank

And the soil should not spoil

For they need to learn to live together

Suffering the challenging weather

Living in harmony

So they don’t start to disappear like the Ebony

There is plenty

Share the earth

Experience the birth

Of a world so beautiful

Of the gift of life which is so wonderful

If something gets in your way

Just wait until a brand new day

Then some advice from the Sycamore

If you are feeling trapped and locked in

Look for another door

Search deep within

And you will find the key

What wonderful words were said to me

By the Chestnut tree

Walk forward in life as now you are free

Look in your heart and you will see

All of the wonders of a new life for me

 

 

No comments: