translate

Friday 11 January 2013

THE DIARY OF LITTLE WAGGATAIL


11 January 2013

THE DIARY OF LITTLE WAGGATAIL

By Fiona Cummings

Almost bedtime again, for normal people and for two out of three dogs, our little Waggatail, is still walking around, not understanding, why the other two, Black beauty and Long chops, are making those funny sounds from their noses.

BB, snores like someone in the upstairs apartment, is moving furniture, on a wooden floor.

Long chops, dreams and sounds as though someone is trying to murder her? Her long legs run. A funny sight one  should imagine, lying on her side?

As for Little Waggatail? Well, to be honest? I’m not sure she blooming sleeps? Having said that, last night she was great,  I didn’t even hear her bells from her collar.

She  is truly like a baby, I am weaning her off her breakfasts. So she does not start crying at half six every morning.

I got a bit longer today, half seven my alarm went off and the house was full of sleeping dogs and teen, even the Canary, Irish, was a sleep.

“So do I wake up? Do I turn over and think pleasant thoughts in my slumber?

I got up. When I went down stairs, LC and LWT, were rather too  alert for my likings, BB? She was being as lazy as ever and did not move a muscle.

So I let both dogs out and put LC back to bed, then  fed Little Waggatail.

Her breakfast was tiny, it was a token meal really.

Oh, it was so cold, not only in the garden, but the house. ice cut through my jumper.

The sounds in the dark street, was of people scraping their cars and slipping and sliding back into the house to get more hot water, for their frozen cars.

I did pollution number two with Long  chops, well, I did not do it, she did thank you very much. Too cold for me out there? Hahahaha.

I put her back to bed and made Teens breakfast. A cup of tea, cereal and two slices of toast with cream cheese. Culinary skills required, or what? Oh, may be  not?  Ha.   

  I am getting into a routine now with three dogs. So  after feeding and letting out, then I let them play and then I groom them all, making sure I don’t do the same dog twice, then I put them out again and then leave them in the conservatory, whilst I clean the downstairs of the house. Dusting and Hoovering as well as emptying the dish washer and filling it again. Whiping benches in the kitchen and table as well as the top of the cooker, what a life I have?

This is why today was so good. Let me tell you about it?

So poor LC, stuck by me like a stick of glue. Whilst BB and Waggatail played. This  is rare as normally, LC, is too much for BB and she never plays with her.

LC likes to bully, in a loving way, and Waggatail, will not be bullied?

So my old lady and new baby, played, as though they were of a similar age.

It got quite wild as well, but no biting or growling.

My GDI came and I made sure I had the doggy bags, treats, different collar, whistle, and stupid reflector I have to wear whilst in training.

I really like this GDI though, because, she did not make  me wear a ridiculous Sam Brown. OMG? You look like a right one in one of those? They are a right eye sore.

They are a bright aluminous belt which goes over your shoulder too. It’s like

“watch out, blindies on its way?

I tell you, if a car hits me because they cannot see me, they should not be driving? I am not exactly wafelike?

So I put her leash on a different setting and shoes on, off we go.

I have been feeling a little confused of late  and believe me Bloggets, a confused Fi, is a normal sight.

I stupidly thought a guide dog comes to  you perfect and they just need to learn the routes? Remember, it has been almost ten years since I trained with BB? She did not have any routes to do really in comparison with WT?

So with her it was easy. Also she didn’t make mistakes.

Waggatail does, on day one, I would have given her one out of ten for her work. Day two two out of ten, today four.  So at least she is going the right way?

She is a cute dog though. So tiny, she sits at every kerb. Today she found the shop, the lovely Chinese, and the Chemist/Pharmacy. There is no way  as yet she would be able to do them without the GDI though. She still is all over the place.

She is determined, she is going to the field to play with the other dogs on there. Also she likes the look of the lake. She has never been, but  can see it from across the road.

She likes to take me into the school and I don’t want to go there.

Once we learn the right things to do I hope she will be OK, But the really good thing is, my GDI, is going to take us to a nearby village, where there is a fantastic field for dogs only. She said she will teach me routes and I can take Pete for a coffee in the village as it has some nice coffee shops and other little shops.

Oh that was to me like a breath of fresh air. Someone is going to show us somewhere other to go rather than the lovely pasty shop, the soap shop and the bank?

I am really excited about it. I just pray to God, that WT will be able to do it for me and learn how to  be a good guide dog?

It is amazing how she has really settled in the household though?

She really is starting to be a part of the family, though I  am not getting too attached as if all goes wrong, I will have to give her up. Teen will be so upset as he loves her.

And today in the winter air, I saw the sunshine in my life. A small taste of freedom. But a very long way to go again.

My GDI, keeps saying she is only doing her job, well, if only she knew what exactly she does for people like me?

I have been kind of forced out into the big bad world after so many years, but, for my state of mind, it is the best thing for me.

I will never be free of chains, but my chains are more comfortable and not so tight.

Tomorrow another day of training, but with a twist, so let us see what happens? With love, BB, LC and LWT.

No comments: