translate

Saturday 19 January 2013

FROSTY FIGHT


It’s a freezing white winters day. The snow is surely on the ground. In bed last night, it was really weird. The air was aerie. Silent with a snowy sky. A blanket of winter threatened the earth.

There were no cars what so ever on the normal busy road at the back of our house. Our narrow street, has vehicles which frequently pass by our front garden. Not a sound, every house was closed for the threat we were warned about all the day before.

About two this morning, a snow plough purred its way through the flakes of ice which had formed it’s carpet, on the roads of our district

We slept really well. I really felt for the people who don’t have warm houses to be in. How do they do it? I can’t stand going out to let the dogs out, let alone sit or lay down on a park bench? It is no life is it? For what? For a habit? Because of an illness? It’s just unbearable to think there are people so cold out there.

I never  knew what it was like to be cold to the bone, I just thought it was  an expression, until early last year. I had an operation and since then, my  body just changed and now I really feel the cold.

I woke up today and came downstairs to wake the house up by turning on heating and putting on the  kettle. I let the dogs out and Little Waggatail was delighted to see the white stuff in our garden. Hub brushed them whilst I did housework and made breakfast. Now we  are waiting for Posh girl to grace us with her company.

Obviously LC, woke up in a grump, as she picked a fight with Waggatail and pinned her down. Poor little WT, lay with all her paws in the air whilst LC,  covered her with her long body. Gnawing at her in anger.

Hub had to part them. I will go for now just wanted to say good day to you all and make sure you were all alright.

x   

No comments: