translate

Thursday 17 January 2013

THE DIARY OF LITTLE WAGGATAIL 17 JANUARY 2013


17 January 2013

Talking to my BF last night about Waggatail, he thought this was so funny,  I do now looking back, but at the time, it was really annoying? So this is the story so far.

When we first got Waggatail, we kept the bedroom door open so we could hear her down stairs if she got too upset. As Hub and  I were getting into bed, I turned to him and asked, “Do you think that is the pup coming up here?”

He agreed it was, well, as bold as brass, she walked into our bedroom. I calmly not wanting to frighten her and quietly, not wanting to wake the teen, though sure he would not be sleeping? Said “Get down.” Hub tried to tell me something, but I took no notice as I was the new firm guide dog owner. OK, he was the expert, but this was the new me and I could do this training? I continued

“Get down, get down. By this  time shouting over hubs calm voice as he continued to try to instruct me.

Now, I am pointing furiously and shouting louder,

“Get, down? Now?

Well, as my breath was removed from me in pure disbelief, my words were silenced as Hub continued to tell me as I realised my pup, had got down, on the floor next to our bed, on the sheepskin rug?

Hub said, “Get down, means lie down. Well, she had, and very comfortable she was too!”

So I should have said no, and pointed to the stairs? Ok, smarty pants, I know now.

Well, last night Hub phoned from London and he is on the phone to me, I said

“I’m blooming sure Waggatail has just climbed on the arm chair?

He said, No, surely not, not when you are in the same room?

Oh, she had. And very comfortable  she was too?

Well, I went on my computer to talk to friends on Facebook, and again she went up there.

I went up to her got her off and held her collar, so she knew I was talking to her,  and pointed to the chair, saying

“No, no. no!”

Well if anyone had been passing my house at the time, I dread to think what they would think?

I sat back down, in disbelief of her expression upon her cheeky fat face and before I could feel the comfort of the sofa, she had only got back up there?

Few, I have my work cut out with her?

Today my GDI picked me up and we went out to our big shops again.

Waggatail did quite good today, not so good as yesterday, but alright and I have this sinking feeling, that I am to be tested tomorrow, by the  big boss.

Just a feeling in my water, and with this weather, and the thought of that happening, my water has frozen.

So in theory, I could qualify tomorrow, and it will have only been ten days, am I ready? Well, they are the experts and if I am right, I will know and tell you tomorrow. This does not mean I can stop training, it just means I can be trusted with eh harness, but I really do wonder if it will be  tomorrow, as I have so far to go yet.

I mean we have only  done in hours, about twelve. With Black beauty, I did five weeks and every day for about four hours a day, it was awful, and so monotonous.

So how do I feel if I do get tested tomorrow? Em, well, not sure, because I like to pass everything with A *, but, I am sure I will not get that tomorrow. I am still very stiff and not a clue where we are going? Hahahha. My GDI thinks different, she says we are doing amazingly well. Just wait until the first  walk on our own without her in our shadow? Oh God  that day makes me feel really scared, an yet excited.

Until tomorrow my friends. With love from Waggatail and the girls.

No comments: