translate

Thursday 3 January 2013

paws 4 thought by fiona cummings


 PAWS 4 THOUGHT

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

I was in your shadow

It was you I was to follow

Such pride you did show

I am so grateful for you, you know

I put on my coat and shoes

Inside my nerves I knew I would lose

But you put your little head in my hand

Patiently you did seem to understand

And the world was ours

You gave me powers

You gave me hope

Unleashed the rope

You showed me love and happiness

Oh my little beauty our days I will miss

For ten years my loyal friend

With me until the end

You were my first guide

It’s not been an easy ride

But we got there my little Labrador

Now my tears hit the floor

As I have to hang up your lead

My heart does bleed

Your harness will be handed back

As I say thank you to my beauty in black

Kiss your head

And shake your paw

Make you a comfortable bed

And we will play forever more

Your working days are over

But my love will show forever

Thank you my darling Hannah

  

No comments: