translate

Friday 18 January 2013

I AM IN SHOCK


You are not going to believe this story? I am in total shock?

So I went out today with Waggatail with my GDI and her boss. Would this be the day when I qualified? I was not sure as the boss, who is a really lovely person, an absolute gem and completely brilliant at his job. It was so good to see, such a great team lead by a professional person, though totally approachable.

We drove to our shops and I put the harness on Waggatail. I was not at all anxious, quite relaxed, as I knew I could not beat myself up if I was going to be tested and failed, as I had been training for less than two weeks, so not long at all, considering I was told I would be training for a month?

The boss did not say  anything about me qualifying, he  just wanted to see how we were  coming along.

Would Waggatail do her stuff?

I was told  by my GDI, that the boss would want the odd mistake being made,  to see how I handled the dog and the situation? I thought to myself, “I’m sure I can give him a couple of examples at least? Ha.

Pup was heading for the pet shop, to visit with her rabbit friend. She loved it, I don’t know why? There were loads of animals in there, but this rabbit, was a hit with her.

So we went  passed Tesco’s, not buying any burgers? And all of the other shops then straight for the pet shop. Came out of there and headed for the coffee shop.

We didn’t stop there today, out of there and into Tesco, to show the boss how Waggatail follows.

She did brilliantly. All the turns were perfect and I did my thigh slapping and arm movements, trying not to do my windmill impressions.

She was a little star and the funny thing when we went in, a man stopped the boss and enquired how to puppy walk. This is when  they take a dog from six weeks until they are ready to go onto the next stage of training when they are twelve months.

A story coming up on here I find unbelievable.

So out of there and to  the bus stop. She was not as good doing that, but when we got back home, via car, the boss told me he would like to qualify me? Gosh, how do I feel? Oh I am pleased we have I can now relax and continue with the training of routes. So next week we are doing more busses and the train. I am a little anxious about that, as though trains are my favourite form of transport, I do get really nervous about getting on and off. Though I am so excited? Oh  this is so new for me. I can’t tell you how excited I am?

I am looking through the window into the house of a super blind person. I will never be one of them, but the view is wonderful.

My little naughty puppy did  it, but wait until you hear this one?

When we returned home, we all came in for a coffee. I was given Black beauty’s retirement pack, bless her, and Waggatails welcoming qualifying pack.

In the pack for Waggatail, was the name and address of her puppy walker. Who had her from six weeks, until a year.

Well, this shocked me as I recognised the name of the person on the list. I was shocked to find out, the same person who had Waggatail, was the very same family, who had Black beauty all those years ago?

Black beauty, was this lady’s first pup ever and always said, she would always find it in her heart to have a soft spot for BB.

Wait until she finds out that I have her retired very first pup she trained, and now my new pup also trained by her?

I find this amazing and very comforting.

Both black Labradors too.

Oh I can’t wait to get in contact with her as we were writing to each other, for some years, but then she wrote to tell me she was moving house and I moved at the same time and after about six years, we just lost contact.

That will be a great letter.

I wonder if they were to meet, would my BB recognise her?

So full of loads to write about but starving so will go and make lunch for Hub and myself, but I am a delighted Fi. With a clever little Waggatail.

 

No comments: