translate

Tuesday 15 January 2013

how they learn


Hello  my Bloggets, I hope you are feeling better today than yesterday? A tiny amount of slushy snow has lay itself on the  ground, so today at half eight, I received a text telling  of my GDI, would not be coming.

So Waggatail will not be working / training today.

So I bet a sleepless night  for me? As she never wrests. I may take her into the garden and do some training with her. Her recall to her name is appalling still. The bond between us is getting there very slowly.

I have learned she likes eye contact. This can be difficult when you can’t see her eyes?

She has been caught many times trying to look at us and she stares into teens eyes. Teen says it is a little weird, as she looks as though she is looking into your soul? Hahahahah.

When she is naughty, she looks at you with such a face? Like she is saying

“Do you really think I am bothered?”

Long Chops is the same, whereas Black beauty, cowers into eh corner, crying for Mersey, well, OK, not in the corner, and not crying for Mersey, I was just putting in my alliteration?hahahahahaha. but she does cower and shiver with the knowledge she is in the wrong.

This pup has personality that could drive one to distraction!

But I am very slowly making a bond with her in the respect that she now will come to me if I  am sitting on the couch and she will gently place her head near my leg. At first  when she  started to do it, she stood there. I was not always sure she was there for a while then she kind of got closer and placed herself a little closer now she will nudge her head on my leg. You  don’t realise what they do as clever dogs you know? I mean,  both my Husbands dog and my Bb, both will nudge you to let  us know they are there. We take it for granted, but they obviously don’t come like that, they learn we see with our  touch.

Just like when teen was a baby. I would hold the spoon out to him and he would come to it. I never knew any different until I fed my nephew and he just sat in his high chair  screaming as he was frustrated he was not getting food.

 Even when teen was about five weeks old, he would move to the bottle. What a darling he was. I must say, still can be. I have listened to my dearest Sister friend in Russia who has told me everyone goes through these stages and I feel so much better, but they do test you, don’t they?

Oh my Hub is back in the UK today but not home. I really can not believe what a week this has been? One week and one day, seems like two weeks. I thought out with LWT, would make it go quickly, but  it has been one of the slowest weeks in history.

Little  Waggatail does not bark. When the doorbell goes, she just runs to the door.

I tell her to get back, and she normally takes notice, when I charge to the door almost knocking her out of the way. She will learn to move when the mighty Fi heads towards her?

When the bell rang yesterday, I went to the door shouting

“Hang on, I have to get the keys”

I ran to get them and opened the door with a big welcoming smile saying

“Oh, sorry about that!”

To the sounds of silence.

I looked left and right, as though I could blooming see, I still do that you know, but there was nothing. I stood waiting for a van to pull away with my parcel in, but nothing. But the funny thing was, or is,

When our doorbell rings, it rings in the  hall in the middle of the house, and  LWT knows this, so when she first came, she would run to the middle hall, miles away from the front door, because that is where the sound was coming from. She soon learned though, that people walk in through the front of the house.

Now the office phone rang yesterday and she ran to the  front door, thinking it was the bell?hahahahah. Confused? She was!

I will go and groom them now

Until later my Bloggets with love.

No comments: