translate

Wednesday 9 January 2013

PRECIOUS GEMS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


PRECIOUS GEMS

By Fiona Cummings

 

As crystal teardrops fall from my eyes

And pearly clouds form in the sapphire skies

Emerald grass  grows all around

As amber daffodils cover the ground

Then the nights start to form a mist

Closing their curtains of the colour amethyst

 Turning into onyx shadows above my head

  Sunset fades or  Ruby red

Diluting into Morganite

Leaving me with a mind of Goshenite

A spirit sold

links of chains in enamelled gold

though I am blind

I try to  find

Colours in my life

Still wishing to see

What is freedom to me

A rainbow of colours

The sweetest of flowers

Ease away my lonesome hours

Precious gems washed in the April showers

Hopeful hints of beautiful jewels

Here I am breaking all the rules

The colours of darkness

My visions of blindness

Loving what is precious

 

No comments: