translate

Wednesday 23 January 2013

SAIL AWAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


SAIL WITH ME BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

Sail away with me

Across the turquoise sea

Take my hand

We will float to another land

Smell that air

Let’s just go

Who cares where

Hear the ripples flow

Feel the breeze against your face

Look out into the green blue space

Let me look into your dark chocolate eyes

Come aboard with me and ride

Freedom is close

Let us escape

Forget all of the tears we have cried

Just us now

no questions of how

we have only one  chance

love me and fill me with romance

no looking back over our shoulder

let us sail until we are older

away from worry

no thoughts on how  we must hurry

each day will be calm

even if we face a storm

let us feel the innocence of the day we were born

at nights we will come to no harm

we shall follow the stars

away from the city

the noise of the cars

look at the rocks so pretty

and the colours in the sky

just say yes to my proposal

don’t ask why

sail with me

into the deep blue sea

say goodbye to the world

just you and me

No comments: