translate

Tuesday 15 January 2013

MY IRISH HEART BY FIONA CUMMINGS


MY IRISH HEART BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

His eyes did sparkle

As his words danced to a merry tune

His words did marvel

As he charmed me to himself pretty soon

The place stopped still

As he entered a room

That gave me a thrill

To know he was mine

I couldn’t believe what a wonderful find

I fell in love with his accent

Though at first there was no sentiment

But I knew he was a must

As my thoughts turned to lust

His hair of gold

And stories he told

About his Ma and his Pa

Being out in the cold

With the Irish breaze blowing

 Standing emit the valleys  green

 And rivers flowing

My king wanted me as his Irish Queen

On our wedding day

He did play

A ballad from a fiddle

A songster to my left

 And me in the middle

As he was on my right

The most perfect sight

He soon won my heart

Until the day we had to part

As ribbons turned to rags

And our possessions were put in bags

Nothing was left of our home

Nowhere to go to nowhere to roam

Pictures of our perfect day

Burned to cinders gone away

I never heard him again  play

Or dance in that Irish way

Or hear his words of stories of the past

I guess nothing good is meant to last

I just wish I could get rid of the sounds from the blast

 

No comments: