translate

Thursday 24 January 2013

FOOD AND THE STOAT


I’m getting bored stiff now. The snow is still bad enough to keep us in.  Gone  are the days when I had to face the weather and risk everything to get my then, little boy to school. Oh I hated those days, the night before, I would lie in bed and listen to my heart beet, pounding with fear, absolute dread about how I was to get my Son to school the next morning. I never let him know of my fears, in fact he often says, he didn’t realise how blind I was, until I got together with my now Hub. Ha. That is because I have no sighted help at home now, whereas my X, used to do things like read the letters, never of course telling me what they said? but that is history.

I used to be a good house  wife and make everything from fresh. Now I have more of a life and less fear of living, so more frozen and canned foods are prepared, that is when the shaking, squeezing and guessing games come into it,  unless teen is in the house and I ask him what the foods are. I mean, there are a lot of things we know, hub is great at guessing tinned foods. He does it by the weight and lids on the tins. Soups and beans, usually have ring pulls on them.

Going to our freezer, is hysterical? When I get the groceries, I get help from teen, I put my vegetarian stuff in the top, fish in the second meat in the third shelf and bread and other stuff in the bottom.

 Then when your freezer is full, you close the door, you smile as everything is in order, you come to the empty bags to put away, and, you find another full bag of frozen goods!

“Oh! You go to the freezer, you open the door, you pull out the top draw, it is full, second is  full and so on. Then, you squeeze items where ever you can put them, then you have a mix up for your continuation of guessing game, for the rest of the week.

Yesterday there was  some lovely leak and potato soup in the fridge. You know the  kind you get in what looks like a large yogurt pot? Oh, I was really looking forward to it for my lunch, as it was really cold and that would be lovely. I opened it, opened the microwave, and luckily the soup had a sweet fragrance which did not smell like leaks, or potatoes. Hmm, it was a tub of juicy grapefruit…

Thank God I realised before I warmed it up? Hahahahahaha.

Our groceries have just arrived for this week. I have put them away and the man who delivered them, had the personality of a stoat.

As he told me there were substitutions, he threw the bags at me and said,

“Oh, it doesn’t matter. They will be OK?

Oh, really? Will they?

Then when he asked me to sign, he told me to scribble. I wrote my signature, he then in shock, said

“God, that’s better than some of them I see?”

Would he dare comment to a sighted person, about their signature? I, don’t think so?

Haha haha.

I should have said, well, why shouldn’t it be OK? See what he would have said to that?

I wish I had the nerve to do that sort of thing?

My GDI, I hope, is coming tomorrow? In the afternoon. I hope so, for Waggatails sake? On Monday, poor Long chops is away for the day, oh I am dreading it, a nurse is coming for her, more in  The Diary of little Waggatail later about that, so Hub has took the day off work and we are if the weather is  alright, going to our restaurant. It will be Waggatails first walk without sighted help, and Hub  with having no dog for the day, will be following me with his white cane? Ha, I bet that will be a blog and a half?

I am not too sure about Waggatails work yet.

Well I must go and work now, but I will talk later Alligator. xxx

 

No comments: