translate

Thursday 3 January 2013

THE SILENT THANK YOU


Well my friends, my little friend from school came to visit today. Just seems like ten years ago, when we were running down the valley and playing on the swings, going to brownies and making things in class.

Now, we are  both parents, she is a Grandmother, but as I  keep telling her, she is years older than me? Hahahahaha.

Some days I am thirty two, some days ! twenty seven, some days I am twelve and other days I am ?

 

She came with her nineteen year old daughter, bless her I hope she was not bored as I know my teen would have been, sitting with us all day? We had a light lunch, some wine that our friend kindly brought and then after we caught up, we walked to our lovely restaurant. Moulon. A  Chinese restaurant. It is so lovely, so easy to get to and we love the young owner, he is so friendly and welcoming and guess who else we saw there? The plum lady from our church.

She could have ignored us, we would have never known, but she didn’t, she came over to say hello.

Oh it was a lovely day.

Today? Oh it’s been a funny one really. I have gone through all sorts of emotions.

Hub and I walked to the hair dressers today, I got my hair cut as did he and we had the chat with the ladies in there, who were very  Oowy and ah ah, about my little Black beauty, who saw her last day of being a guide dog today. Oh she did so well too, got me right there I lead as BB, and I know the route, better than Long chops and Hub. She was perfect. We walked by the Chinese on the way back, so Hub kindly asked if I wanted to go for lunch? Hahaha. Does the  Pope pray?

Our lovely Lewis was there and as welcoming as ever.

We had a small lunch and walked back home.  On the way back home, Hub called in at the local shop

And I decided to walk back with my little dog. It was quite an emotional walk. Almost brought me to tears. A calm day, almost perfect weather. No rain, no wind, no sun and very warm for this time of year, almost like a spring day. There were no cars and hardly any sound, only a child shouting for her dog in the nearby park. I passed no one at all. It was almost eerie. A little like the world had stopped in time for me to say thank you to my beauty, for all what she has done for me. For all of the steps she has prevented me from falling down, all of the obstacles she has guided me around all  of the people that because of her, has been a passport for people to talk with me. Of course, about her, but at least I had human conversation.

Thank you for getting me from A to B, and for making a difficult life a little easier. Thank you for breaking the chains of a jail bird and thank you for loving me and sharing your wonderful life with me. I only pray, she can have a happy life with me until the saddest day of all, the day she leaves this earth.

I cannot imagine how anyone can give their dog up. They must just treat their dogs like glasses. This is why and how I differ. I think of my dog like my baby. I adore her and my Hubs  Long chops.

We got home and I removed her harness. It was painful, but she will be loved so much  and it will be really hard to walk her again, but we will find a way.

So checky shirt on for hub, and, axe at the ready and down the Christmas tree came.

  All the hundreds of lights, packing away all of the decorations from my past and tears for my Mum, who’s anniversary will be coming up in a few days. It is so silly, really, It  has been almost fourteen years since she died but it is as painful now  as it was ten years ago.

I just feel robbed of a Mother. I was too young and my teen has missed out on Grandparents.

The two people he loves as Grand parents  live in the States and he hardly sees them.

So much to tell you but now must  go to work and I will let you know what happens tomorrow with my new guide pup coming.

Oh, and a New year’s hug turned into concussion for Teens friend, all that and much more to tell.

With love.   

No comments: