translate

Thursday 10 January 2013

THE DIARY OF LITTLE WAGGATAIL


January 10 2013

It is fast approaching midnight and I have not as yet let the three dogs out. So a quick diary entry before I start my routine of giving them all water, making sure they get a share? Taking them out one by one, making sure the young Waggatail does something, and getting  all of their beds out and  making sure that I have three heads in bed with their little faces all a happy and comfortable.

I always reassure my dogs that their Mummy loves them. Hub thinks I am mad, I am sure, but I treat  them like I would my child.

OK, I don’t feed them with a spoon like I  did with teen when a baby, or tell them a story before bed, but I try to make them feel comfortable and loved.

My GDI came and we went out on our walk. I was better prepared today, really that too is like having a baby.

No nappies or bottles to prepare, but there are doggy doo sacks and a whistle, as well as treats for her and change her home collar to a work collar and put her lead on and harness too. I get the other two dogs in the  conservatory first before GDI comes, not to upset them seeing me out with another dog, so I don’t feel like a traitor.

Little Waggatail, did a lot better today, but still a long way to go before I would dare to go out with her.

She is so tiny, I can hardly feel her move. I would have been much better with a tall dog.

She sits at kerbs and I don’t even know she is doing so?

She doesn’t slow down before we get there, so it is a nightmare.

My Black beauty slows right down and Long chops does an emergency stop. If she were a bike, Hub would go over the handlebars.

But at least we know where the steps are?

I only know where they are with Waggatail, because the lovely GDI tells me. This is not good for a person like me who has  a huge fear of steps.

Tomorrow is another day and see if she gets better again. I am sure she will.

I am trying not to get too attached, just in case she does not work.

Teen is in love with her though.

She likes getting groomed but hates you stroking her head. Teen says she really looks like she is in fear, as she bows her head.

She is a tiny dog, so thin, with huge round paws.

Teen described her today.

His words were, “She is the kind of dog, you have to really look at and study…..”

“OK, that’s his study for the day?

She has skinny legs and body, with huge round paws and floppy ears. She has tiny orange eyes and a squashed face like a pug dog?

But she is pretty and looks like a puppy.” She is black like my other dog, Black beauty, who is stunning, also has amber eyes and Hubs LC, also is a really lovely dog. With enormous eyes and a long face but very very beautiful. Almost too cute for words.

I must go now and let the beasts out for the night time pollutions. Or it will be time for Waggatail to wake for her breakfast.

With love and sleep well tonight, from BB, LC myself and of course the latest addition, Little Waggatail.

No comments: