translate

Sunday 13 January 2013

I just can not sleep


Well Bloggets, here I am, as abnormal as ever. I went to bed early, wanting to sleep, as really was exhausted. As I put my head to the pillow, I began to toss and turn. My heart beating faster and started to feel sick and anxious. Desperately wanting, wishing, to sleep, like normal people coming to bed before midnight?

After one hour I still couldn’t sleep. Oh my chest was getting tighter and my body was becoming more uncomfortable. I felt as though I was lying on a park bench.

The bed was becoming harder and I was getting dizzy in a dark damaging depression. I couldn’t sleep, knowing my Husband was walking the streets of the US. I hate it when he is in a country where by I go to bed and he is not safe back in his room.

So here I am, in my sitting room, listening to the soft snow tap against the window.

I had to climb over the three dogs to get here, trying not to stand on any of their little bodies. Not wishing to kill them?

All of my insomniac friends seem to have the luxury of sleep tonight, as I have just gone on line and not a peep from anyone.

I don’t know now if I will be training today if the weather is really bad? You are not supposed to take your guide dog out when it is icy or snowing, but having said that, when you have a child at school, you have to take them. I remember those days too well. Oh they were awful. I really struggled to know where the path was and the road started. The route I took went along a massive country cycle track and there were fields at each side for about half the walk. Just after and before the roads. I often found myself on the way back from school, or on the way to get my child, in the middle of one of the fields. It was so frightening. No one had it in their hearts to ask if I was OK, or needed help, but I am a strong believer in what goes around,comes around.

Those were really bad days I would hate to ever have to repeat. For those who go to work now and have to use public transport, I feel for you all? Colleagues don’t realise the pressure we go through to get there and back? The worry if the bus will not turn up or the train will have to let you off at another stop as there is snow on the tracks elsewhere, or lines are down, and of course, as a blind person, you will not know the route from where ever you get dropped off?

Well about sixty eight hours before my Hub back home to me and its sixty eight hours too long.

I am going to stay up until he lets me know he is back in the hotel safely.

 He is in Sanfransisco and walking across the Golden Bridge today, as he has a day off. He  fly’s home tomorrow night, well, half home, as he arrives in London on Tuesday morning so the day after tomorrow and working in London on Tuesday staying overnight and working on Wednesday then home late on the Wednesday evening.

Teen will be exhausted this week, as he has revision every night this week at school. So after school, he will do at least two and a half hours and time he gets in, it will be almost six. So a very long day for him.

There are some very odd sounds coming from outside. I don’t like them. Sounds like someone is trying to get in? I will go and put on a light and see if that scares off whatever is making such a fuss out there.

Hope you have a great Monday? Sending warm hugs. Xxx

No comments: