translate

Sunday 27 January 2013

OH WHAT A NIGHT? WORDS, FIGHTS, BLOOD AND MORE


Well yesterday we woke up to a yard of snow and the dogs loved it, as they ran around in the back. It is hard for us to find our make shift dog run now, so it is sadly free for all, until we can get out there again.

We were told our  Inlaws were coming.

We were slightly worried about them travelling so far in  such weather conditions, but they were determined to come and I am glad, as I get on really well with my brother in law.

I  stupidly decided to put on some mascara when I was getting ready. Even more stupid, it was a free gift, my friend where I used to live gave me, like a sample?

as I opened it, as it was the first time I had used this “Gift” I realised it was a bad  idea.

Oh God, my friend, who I will have to tell you about one day, she is not my lovely friends I have  spoken about before, she is my friend who I try to keep to myself, if you know what I mean? The kind of friend who would do anything for  anyone, a good heart, but one you would not take anywhere without admitting, she was a client you were taking out on day release?

I ended up looking like a  panda. This dreadful stuff, went everywhere.

It was like opening a bottle of liquid.

Well if you knew my friend, you would have been more sensible than me and not attempted to put on such make up?

My lovely make up I normally wear, went on like a dream. I  can do it well, though don’t wear much, I probably should, as I am not the young girl I was when I could see enough to look in a mirror, but without  knowing how bad I look now, I just do the  same as I ever did, apart from this mascara?

Teen was in the town and only returned minutes before the In Laws were due. When Teen came in, he said

“Oh my God Mum, please take that off?”

I tried and tried. I could not get the stuff off?  

Minutes before the In Laws were due, my eyes looked like I had been crying and punched, in that order….

They felt like they had been poked with lumps of crusty bread.

I got it off seconds before the doorbell rang, the dogs went mental and in came the farmers. Oh, sorry, no, my family.

They are a jolly bunch and off we went in the car to our restaurant, where normally we would walk but because of the  weather, we drove, well, not me personally, but Hub….

Hahahahaha. Joking, Brother In law.

OK, there were six of us, in a five seat car…. So where did the extra person sit? 

In the boot/trunk.

Who was that booted person?

Me.

Hahahaha, I don’t think so.

Not teen either, though bless him, he did offer to walk, it was Brother In Laws partner.

I thought, God, it is so dangerous? If the police stop us we will be in such trouble?

In the snow, dangerous conditions and driving like that?

Thank God it was about a three minute drive and we were OK and on the way back, teen walked.

So in we went and our Lewis the owner, was as lovely as ever and you should have seen the table he did for us?

Wow, that is such a classy restaurant. The very sad thing was, we were the only people in there.

I just hope  for their sake, it will pick up as it is after Christmas and nowhere close to pay day here, I hope that was the reason?

We had a delightful meal. It was fun and though I am not sure what the staff made of our family, as we are normally reserved and well behaved, our family, don’t know such behaviour.

But I let my hair down and we did laugh. My brother in law, is so much fun and he and I just bounce off one another. Teen took a lot of jokes towards him, and I was on the edge a little, as teens humour is very dry and limited, whereas mine is  a little more open and full on.

He got teased big  time about his girlfriend, though they said she was stunning, they were just telling him all night about how he will not be with her soon and this and that where I could see teen was  getting a little hot, around the collar, and Brother In Laws partner was also seeing that and trying to dilute the situation, Teen, took on the discussion and told them what he thought?

OMG? Hahahahahaha. No  one will walk on him and no one will get the better of him when it comes to words.

He is so full on with this girl I really fear his heart will be broken? I mean, at that age, you would think so yes?

We got home and the banter between Bro in law and teen continued. As a fight kicked off.

Hahahaha. Oh yes, it  was lively. Thankfully it was a jovial fight, but, bro in law does not do gentle and my teen is a gentle soul. Not the bravest in the bunch. Among the chasing and fighting, one of our dogs got so excited, she did a doggy doodle in the kitchen, then Long chops decided to   rip her toe nail and bled all over the place. All the noise made Black beauty  a wreck and puppy Waggatail very excited and playful.  Poor Dad in Law, was just sat there laughing, thank God? And thank God we have wood and tiled flooring?

What a night, but it woke me up?

 

No comments: