translate

Monday 14 January 2013

THE DIARY OF LITTLE WAGGATAIL


14 Jan 2013

I have just got in from training and it went quite well. Today we went on the bus for the first time. I learned the new rule that to be honest, I think is a ridiculous rule, obviously made by a sighted person, or a very confident blind person.

The rule is, you are to find the bus stop and remove the harness, before the bus even comes? Oh my face told my GDI a story of shock and absolute panic.

How could I do that? I mean, how would I find the bus door? How would I find a seat on the bus?

I did as I was told and removed Little  Waggatails harness, well, as soon as I did this, she went mad, and went into puppy mode. I was turned around and I am quite good at orienting myself, but some blind people if turned in a circle, can’t find which way they need to be? She was hyper, whereas on harness, she is great, and quite still.

She does cry a lot though, like my Hubs Long Chops. No patients.

Stand still for more than a minute, and that is it, she gets bored.

So the bus came and we got on. I felt sick. I only could find the door, because the GDI, was calling my name, as Waggatail, wanted to go to the park by this point.

I then was told; I had to let the dog come behind me. OMG, what a dreadful rule? My Black beauty, used to find a seat, so I said to the girl,

“So how am I to find a seat? Feel everyone as I do that?

How do you know where an empty seat is without feeling the seat? If someone is in that chair, you feel an idiot. I mean the dog is a guide dog? Not a following dog!

The poor girl was only doing her job and you could tell she felt uncomfortable telling me this stupid rule.

So we got to our destination and the bus pulled in for ten minutes. Giving us chance to train how to find a seat, which to be honest, contradicted what I was told, she was not to do? I think that was a sign to say,

“Fiona I have to tell you the rules, it’s up to you what you do in the end.

There is no way I can find how to get on a bus without feeling the outside of the bus and when you are conscious of how you  appear to the outside world, the last thing you want is to look even more of a fool than you already think you look.

So we got off the bus and she worked really well. We found the pet shop again and a pink glitter collar was bought for Black beauty’s retirement present. I know, not as good as a gold watch, but she can not tell the time yet, ha. That would be a gift for a watch dog.

We had to call into the coffee shop again too, we felt compelled to pop into Costa Coffee, for a

 Wait for it?

Coffee?

LWT was quite good, but you have to get on her case a few times, as she likes to see what people are eating, she needs to be like BB was and LC is, fantastic in foodie places. No one would know they were there.

She found some places we did not need, but I am glad she did; now thanks to my Waggatail, I know there is a photograph booth. Hub always wants one for identity cards and so on.

Mind you, I know it is in the vicinity, but I would not have a clue yet how to get there?

To get to any of the shops, you have to pass a huge food shop and cut through it slightly, to do that is really hard, avoiding all of the shopping baskets, and those things the children sit on and go around. Ye a little merry go round. It’s been a while since my teen went on one of those, I forget the terminology.

It’s really hard to do this one, and I really want to crack it, but so far, can not see me doing so.

Though, I never say never now.

Costa was packed again, and again that is hard as once inside, the sounds are everywhere. The acoustics are awful. You have your coffee machines and tills and people chatting loudly over the dreadful music in there. It is really stressful.

 Waggatail is still not answering to her name.

Last night she felt the snow on her back and she was really funny with it, and today’s snow, my GDI, said she looked like a Christmas card.

The snow was not on the ground, so we could work, it was just falling as we were coming home.

Working LWT, has made her a little more calm thank God. They are all a sleep now on the rug in front of the fire. My Husband calls it the dearest dog bed ever, hahahahaha.

I wonder how Waggatail will react to him coming home as he definitely had made a bond with her or her with him I should say.

I can’t wait to see him just wish he never had to go away again. Our lives are in constant limbo. Always looking at suit cases.

Until later my friends and hope you are safe and well? Remember what I say, “You never know what is around the corner, so always look out and one day your dream will come true.

X

No comments: