translate

Sunday 13 January 2013

LACK OF SLEEP FOR ME BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 

Tossing and turning

My insides are burning

Heartache for you I’m yearning

Head on the pillow

Breathing so shallow

The tightest knot

Don’t know what’s what

So cold then hot

Wondering what on earth I have got

Some sort of sleep disorder

Can’t decide where I want to be

As though being on the border

 Can’t the chains be come loose and set me free

One foot in England

The other in Scotland

My body in the middle

My words become a riddle

I am a jigsaw puzzle

All in a muddle

Which bits go where

How lack of sleep is so unfair

Do I fight it out

Then hear my insides shout

What on earth is that all about

I get out of bed

With a aching head

Hearing the clock strike

A time I dread

I put on my robe and slippers so warm

And come down stairs and face the storm

Like a battle ship crashing into rocks

And a Shepard who has lost members of his flocks

Frustration

Desperation

And admiration, for others

Who sleep in their slumber?

All warm under the covers

Whereas I am like thunder

My mind does me no favours

I made a big blunder

 I did the walk

Took out my board and wrote with chalk

Words come to me

And this is what sets me free

Allowing me to sleep

Never really deep

So now this is done

And I in words have been able to run

Kissing the curtains of the night

Until the morning sun

Then there will be light

Though I won’t see

The simplistic memory

Of lack of sleep for me

 

No comments: