translate

Wednesday 23 January 2013

SHAKING SQUEEZING AND GUESSING?


Not a bad day, a knock at the door and three dogs to make safe, before I answered it, then get to the door, realising, there were no keys in there, so jumping over three furry heads to run through the house, to get to the back door to retrieve the keys, then back through again tripping over twelve pairs of running legs. All competing, to get to the door before me. OMG? Pushing them all out of the way, getting one in and another two come through, pushing one more in one of them, who does not do anything I tell her  ? Guess who that one is? Yep, Waggatail.

Got to the door, sure the post man has gone, but it was my Handy man. Bless him,  he was for sure, still standing there, in the bitter cold.

Long chops, barked the house down and I had to shout over her bark to make myself understood. I put them all in the conservatory, at last, peace. Few, I could get my little jobs done. So after about forty minutes, my Mr Handy, told me he had finished. I asked him how much, he always feels a little uncomfortable as it is  not his job, he is an electrician by trade. He is so lovely though, he also does anything for me and has the job title of my Electrical handy man.

So I asked him how much? He said the pure entertainment of coming to us was payment enough. Hahahahah. Don’t know what he means?

Of course I paid him and he is back on Thursday to put a shelf up for me.

Did not get out today as GDI thought the weather was too bad again. I am not due out now until Friday. Hmm.  Poor Waggatail will be  fed up by then?

 

Well off to make tea now. Oh I hate cooking? We have one of those stupid hobs, where they are like a flat sheet of glass. Touch screen buttons. We cannot tell the difference between the dials. It is a case of push anywhere and hope? Technology today, can be so good for  people with poor sight, or  a real hindrance.

Microwaves are almost impossible to use now, if you are lucky to find one with a dial, one that does not keep turning and turning, keep it, in fact buy two, as they are the same, flat touch screens.

We really had to pay loads more over the average for a dish washer, one we could use. As most of them now are very visual. In a world where we have most things that talk, I don’t know why we can’t tell our washing machine, what we want to do with it and it tells you it has understood and does it? Like Siri, on the IPhone, you can ask him the weather in New York and he will look it up and tell you. We should be able to hold clothes in front of our washing machines and ask what colour are they and then tell it to wash on whatever temperature? Our cookers should be told what number we want whatever pan on? I am sure it can be done? A world where you can sit in your car and  say where you want to go and it finds the map and directs you verbally, so why not in our kitchens?

It’s possible, we just need the manufactures, to have a family member who is blind, but what they should realise, is, they themselves, could be blind one day? It is very  possible. Most people think that they will or could end up in a wheel chair, but no, they are more likely to be in some way without all or at least some of their sight.

Well, I am off now to shake and squeeze to open things that may not need opening and cook tea. What are we having? Ha, now, that would be telling……So would someone tell me please? x

No comments: