translate

Tuesday 8 January 2013

THE DARK TO JAPAN


It is seven in the morning, we have been up since six and it is pitch black outside. Quite cold, but not so cold as it really should be in January. The streets have been full of early risers for about two hours, so our taxi that has just pulled away, is not too much of an intrusion on normal peoples sleep.

Unlike the geese, which flew over our house at two this morning. Oh, the noise?

I have fed my soon hopefully to be new guide dog and let her out twice. My old dog Black beauty also wanted to go out. Our kitchen was a mad place this morning, as Little Waggatail decided to grab the empty milk bottle, “Plastic of course,” From the floor, near by the bin, ready to be put out in the  stupid recycle bin we have outside. I could not catch her as she threw it in mid air then skidded on it with her front two paws. Oh she thought it was  hilarious. At half six in the morning, I was not convinced.

So I calmed her down fed her let her out and now she is back in bed. I can not write with her running around everywhere, she is so funny, and later in my blog on “The Diary of Waggatail, I have something to tell you that I am sure is very odd.

 

 So yesterday my teen put together a CD unit and a great  job  he did of it too. After nasty words from him, as I wanted to help to make sure he was doing it correctly, and he just does not do being told what to do, I was given my marching orders. Hub was so busy at work yesterday, working from home, but he rarely even stops for a lunch break, if he  does, it’s for fifteen minutes, so after having him to myself for a month, it was so hard to realise, that I again was on my own. I kept  going to his office and just standing to be in the same room as him, stupid and pathetic, I know, but I miss him when we are not as one and I kept having to leave as I knew I was being a distraction. But time is so important to me and I knew I was a full year of him being away again and this really hurts more than you all will ever know.

He has nine flights to do this week and I really worry about him. His health and his state of mind as well as his safety.

So now he has begun the long journey to Japan. The taxi left in the dark dawn and the sound of the engine, made me feel compelled to write, as if I did not have this ability, I would just be in a ball in bed crying, I guess that will come at some part of today, but right now I am OK.

He  has about an hour to get to our closest airport. Where we used to live, we were only twenty minutes from it and twenty minutes from the train station. But everyday life, was a nightmare. We have lived here six months now and how do I feel?

Well for us being blind and having to cope on our own, we really had no choice. At least now we can  go to the bank and a couple of shops as well as hopefully, learn more in the future. I am going to do my best to learn how to get to some more places with Waggatail.  I just wish I had the strength to be brave about it.

So did we make the right decision in moving? Hmm. I don’t know. I really miss my old hometown and hurt for it. Though, it is nice here and for our future, it is easier, did we have to make such a drastic move to be able to go to some places? We could have stayed in the North East, a different area, and learned new routes, but, our guide dog people from there are truly hopeless, and if Hub is in London, we are half the distance from there now, and he also works in  Peterborough, and again we are half the distance from there, so he can do those jobs in a day, without killing himself for time on the trains.

So for Hub, this is a better place to live and does not have the ghost of my X, who lived  three minutes away.

Though we do live much closer to his X!

I don’t feel at home here and I don’t suppose I ever will, but it is a  nice house and a good street as well as having a great bus service.

Well, whilst my Hub is in Japan, talking to the good people about making the televisions more accessible to the blind, I will keep writing to you all, I am sure you will get more blogs from me now as I have nothing to do but, train with my dog, house work and be alone. So big hugs needed please and together I am sure we  will get through this.

With love until later. xx

No comments: