translate

Sunday 6 January 2013

THE DIARY OF LITTLE WAGGATAIL


THE DIARY OF WAGGATAIL

Sunday 6th of January,2013.

I have had my little Waggatail for three days, if you  count the Friday when I got her. I would be lying if I was to tell you it has been a breaze. To own three largish dogs, is not  a challenge I am taking on lightly. I have my retired dog Black beauty, lovingly known as BB, who is eleven in two months’ time, so not really old for a dog, then there is my Hubs guide dog, age six. Then the baby Waggatail, who is twenty months. So if our maker is good, we could have three dogs for the next seven years. OMG?

I hope so but it is really like having a couple of children who are in their teens then suddenly,  finding out you are pregnant again and giving birth to a baby girl, who cries at night. Through the night, she cried all night. I got up at two, bare in mind I only went to bed at one, so I had let her out just before then. I was up at two as she made her way to my side of the bed. At three Hub got up and let her  out again, as she began to cry for the second time. We were warned that she may need the toilet after the stress of being put through the doggy parlour at Guide dogs office Apparently,.  she really did not like it. So was rather stressed Then at seven she began to cry again, this time for her breakfast. So up I got, let her out and then measured her food in my talking scales and got her whistle, well, not hers, ha, mine. I blew the whistle, to give her the command to go to her dish and our kitchen door burst open, by Lc followed by BB, as  of course, they too work by the whistle, but not for  food now, only on a free walk. Funny how they don’t forget but I did, there I am emerged in three dogs and they all headed for Waggatail’s breakfast, well, not being able to see I tried to grab LC, and BB. Did I have the right dogs? Ha, I did and caught them before they ate little Waggatail’s food. I wonder if my kitchen door has a dint in it now?

Let’s see what today brings, I have my first day with training tomorrow, so will keep you up to date. xx

 

No comments: