translate

Tuesday 22 January 2013

CHOCOLATE IN THE AIR BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 
If you like the stories about the elves, I have more. A silly child in me has come out.
 
POEM CHOCOLATE IN THE AIR

BY Fiona Cummings

 

For a while it remained a mystery

Whatever could that delightful smell be

I found out it came from the nearby factory

Which made chocolate dreams come true

To all children like me and you

I imagined little elves worked in there

And one naughty one in particular

Opened the window allowing the aroma to  escape in the air

He was the mischievous naughty Norman

Who has the job title of Forman

The other elves don’t get on with him, too well

As specially whom they call Noddy, with the biggest silver bell

When it is break time Noddy shakes his hat

His bell rings so hard it wakes the factory cat

Who sleeps in an outside shed

And has a fresh daily  dish of chocolate milk

 And the most comfortable cosy bed

A log table with a cloth of silk

Is ready so  the elves can be fed

With little toadstools to sit on

And be given dishes by the cook Alvin

Caramel cups

And strawberry spoons

Chocolate fountains

And bubble gum balloons

Every day there is a birthday party

Because there are so many elves at the factory

Each one having their celebration

Sounds of laughter and jubilation

Leaking from the walls

Everyone wants to visit there

 But we are told not at all

As it is a secret haven

A chocolate heaven

All I can tell you  is when I open my back door

The smell in the air makes  me want more
 

No comments: