translate

Saturday 12 January 2013

THE DIARY OF LITTLE WAGGATAIL


 

12 jan 2013

Puppy Waggatail slept all night and didn’t even beat the alarm this morning before she started to cry for breakfast and pollutions.

Mind you she has been extra hyper today? Teen decided to do me, yes, me, a favour and walk BB and LC, so I asked him to take the ball, so he would not loss LC an use  it to get her back, because she like Little  Waggatail, is crazy for balls.

I also asked him not to let the dogs off near the lake.

Off he went full of enthusiasm, not, and LWT, cried her heart out feeling left out.

She has a real croaky voice, like she has smoked forty a day.

Next thing I know is he is on the mobile, telling me, he could not put them on the field, because there was a man on there playing football.

 “What, one man?

On his own?

Playing with a ball?”

So, he continued telling me, he just let the dogs off around the lake.

Remember, the lake, I asked him not to let them off by?

Then he is in the back garden, I can hear the hose. OMG, of course, the dogs disappeared on him and they would not come back to his call, so by the way, led by my old arthritic retired guide dog, both her and Long Chops, had ran off for a winter swim, among the fishing hooks and geese.

He was trying to hose them, in the winter outside. I went mental. This is twenty minutes before my GDI was due.

How many times as guide dog owners, are we told not to let the dogs in water in the winter, and not to let them get in danger? I had just cleaned the house and had been working hard for hours. The floors were immaculate as was everything else, so deflated I was.

Furious. Oh there was a screaming match, not often I loss it with him, but today? I was cross

In fact, steaming mad.

Well, the row, continued right through the start of the GDI being here. Teen really pushed his luck.

I stayed calm when she was here, though teen wasn’t. You would hope, he would be embarrassed about acting like a two year old in front of anyone?

I told him his girl was not coming and that made it worse.

I closed the front door and out we went the GDI, Waggatail, and myself hit the road Jack!

She has witnessed two of his outbursts of late, and has only met him  twice? Haahahaha. Oh, but, I will not stand for a bad child, so was adamant to handle it my way.

Well, GDI was amused. I think she secretly loves to spectate how to handle or not teens, good practice for her as she has no family as yet.

After seeing me with teen, perhaps she never will have.

We drove to a free walk and I was really happy to get out, looking forward to this long walk and a great experience with recall with Waggatail? When we got there, there was a lady there, funny enough, with her guide dog, hahahahah. GDI, said she had not set it up?

The lady was there with her husband. He is a really sweet guy and she is nice too. Very serious but I imagine, with a very dry sense of humour.

She asked if we could meet up for a coffee sometime, so that will be nice? Also she has numbers/contacts of people, no not for hit men for the teen, but gardeners and so on. Really I could tell you a blog or three about my old gardener? So will be pleased to get a new one.

One who is prepared to work.

Well, I didn’t call back my dog at all. Did not  get a chance before time to go.

Shame really, I wanted to be out longer, really did not want to come back to this blooming house.

But Waggatail, had a good run, Gosh, she is like a greyhound, she runs so fast, her feet don’t touch the ground.

She also sat in the front of the car with me and was perfect, even though she has never done that before. I had to try her out, as when I get taxi’s, she has to come in with me.

Oh, she is so tiny, she was perfectly behaved too. No fidgeting.

So I have groomed all day and Hoovered. I think at least four times this place has been cleaned?

All of the dog beds are washed and clean as well as the towels.

LC, is casting, like snow off a dike!

 

When I got back, poor GDI, said she would not come in. Oh how awful. I was even more cross with teen. Well, the house was so calm, I thought he had left home?

No, but he had made me and GDI, a cup of tea. I told him,  he frightened away the poor girl. He said he knew he had misbehaved and would apologise when he next saw her. He had Hoovered right through, washed where the wet  dogs had been and filled the washing machine and drier.

He was calm and again, angelic like. Hmm. Because he wanted his girl to come.

Waggatail is still not answering to her name. But we are bonding a little more. Well, she is coming to me more and staying next to me a little. Funny, I am used to dogs loving me and Black beauty would not leave my side from the minute of getting her as pretty much the same with Long chops.

I am truly exhausted. Really, I call for one of them, three come. I try to get them in the house if they have been  playing in the garden, only one comes. Then the other two eventually come, just as the first one runs out again, I get the first one in and one of the other ones run out.

I start to feed one and the other two get in a state for their dinners.

I get their individual beds out and they all want the same one.

My lovely rug in the sitting room, has seen every corner of my sitting room. They skid on it.

I have surfing dogs.

I start off grooming one dog, and find out she has only half been done, when I am grooming the back of another one who has pushed in.

When it is wet outside I have twelve paws to clean.

And the weighing out of the food? Oh God. Not to mention the dog doodles?

It’s so hard I just hope it will be worth it.

I know if I do get to learn some new places, it will be.

I just can’t see it so far. Though my friend tells me this is normal. She has two dogs I can handle two with ease, but three is so hard but I would never give my little BB up. I am sure Waggatail will be a better behaved girl when she gets out of her baby stage? I caught her this week with a used tea bag. On my cream rug. How? Don’t ask. She has sucked on two Christmas decorations that were left out too. Any slippers left out, she carries about  with her. Hahahahahaha.

Bless her, she has been to lots of homes before me and I am sure it is awful for her. I am sure when she realises this will be her home for ever for her, she will be calmer and less attitude. Mind you, the teen hasn’t learned that?

So tomorrow, we are off to the shopping centre and going for a coffee. I will see how she is in a coffee environment.

Looking forward to seeing my GDI, she is really sweet and it’s nice to talk with someone apart from teens and dogs.

My coffee cup friend asked me if I wanted to go for coffee today, sadly I had to say no as there is so much to do now.

It  keeps me fit I guess, fit to drop?

Well it’s goodnight from the girls, and its goodnight from me!

No comments: