translate

Friday 31 May 2013

DEVIL AT WAR BY FIONA CUMMINGS


DEVIL AT WAR

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

The cars go by so fast

My peaceful day won’t last

Such speed

Why is everyone in a hurry

I plead

This world is holding onto fury

Such anger can be seen

Everything is so extreme

Must be now

Not tomorrow

Yesterday is history

Such sorrow

Wild misery

Throwaway society

Full of anxiety

People have taken the bitter pill

If life is not giving

So we shall kill

Fun has left our vocabulary

No longer there is a thrill

What can be done to bring back respect

How many hours I have to reflect

My hand is out

People just shout

Then reject

If I’m correct

A devil has landed

With an iron fist

So heavy handed

Just come with me

And let us see

What we can do

To wear the other shoe

Change our world

As we know it we only have one

Or do we want this life to carry on

 

No comments: