translate

Thursday 30 May 2013

A Mothers answer by Fiona Cummings


Mums answer

By Fiona Cummings

You are a gift so precious

Our togetherness I miss

You are more important than me

I too was a teen

My pressures were not the same

It was a different life your right

But certainly not a game

I faced life without sight

That took me to hell

I died at birth

Though then I didn’t dwell

Each day I painted a smile

Though inside I just wanted to cry

I too had no one to talk to

I married someone I could not say I love you

And felt his pain each day

Locked away

In a place I didn’t want to stay

Being driven to the ground

No world just sound

In a prison

I didn’t belong

From birth to death

I have to live

With the knowledge

My Mother did not want my life to give

You were with me from birth to today

My mother threw me away

A second chance was given to me

A brand new family

Then I was torn from them

When I was just six years old

By ten I had stories to be told

I lived my life through such strife

Yes I was just a housewife

Cooking and cleaning at your age now

Look at the stress upon my brow

I was a slave

Will be to my grave

I ask you to put dishes away

You use words I don’t like you to say

You think you are hard done by

Tell me where I have gone wrong

Seem to love me to cry

Mind games all day long

I don’t have a profession

Do you think that makes me feel good?

Don’t you know how I hate myself?

I could beet myself with wood

Hit out the badness inside

Do you know the tears I have cried

I did my best for you

This is how you thank me

 By telling me

The one job I thought I did well in life

Now I learn has been a fail

That is bringing you up to this day

When will your anger go away

When will you learn

Deep inside I burn

To have your life I yearn

OK it’s not easy for you

But more than anything I love you

Yes I am protective

Your pain I will have

I shall do anything I can for you

Just try to understand

I am not from another land

Another world or life

And just being a housewife

Is ten jobs in one

So I have worked as a nurse

A teacher

A cleaner

Jobs so diverse

Day in day out

Just wanting to shout

Same old thing

Then removed my wedding ring

If only you knew the stress I went through

To give you a better life

Then you tell me I should have stayed

What in pain

What would you have gained

Though you thank God  choose to forget

The angry person each day I met

Leaving him I don’t regret

It was the start of my life

And this you begrudge

You say I should have stayed in a broken marriage

For whom

Not you

As you disliked your Father

I am your Mother

You need to learn respect

You ask for it

So earn it

I hope it’s a phase you are going through  Son

As if this lasts it will be me who will run

You talk about not having fun

At least you know the word

It took me till forty to learn to fly like a bird

Freedom I grasped with both hands

You and I are from the same land

So just understand

I know life is hard and unfair

But the love you and I had please continue to share

To care

To be by my side

Tell me your thoughts

Don’t keep them inside

You will be fine you’re still very young

Your life is just new

Teen I love you

 

No comments: