translate

Sunday 26 May 2013

POPEYE FI


A lovely day. We got up this morning; I actually looked in my robe, for summer clothes! We had sun, two days in a row, and that is it, our summer, back to rain and cold tomorrow. Our brother and Dad came from a far to visit. We had a cup of tea together, chatted and went out to a pub, called The Dormouse.. The garden was packed with sun worshipers, we wanted to sit out, but there was not one table available. It is an old pub, with low beams and stone floor, with a fire, which makes it look cosy in the winter. So teen went with us and a lovely family Sunday lunch was had by all. Whilst the list of the vast menu, was read out for the meat eaters, I was told what there was for vegetarians…. A choice of three things? No, two? No, a choice of one thing to eat, a spinach pastry. Well, if it was good enough for Popeye, and I must say, it was rather lovely, the vegetables had a lot to be desired though, but I also had for starters, battered mushrooms and they were stunningly delicious. A crumble for dessert and a full Fi. Teen had a huge steak. Hub scallops and chicken and beef lamb and prawn cocktail for Father in law and bro in law.

Ha, not really funny, but the waitress, dropped a full dish of cauliflower cheese on someone’s table. I mean the full dish, dropped out of her hands.

Teen asked for a job, they said he had to be over eighteen.

We came home, and spent an hour just chatting again and off they went on their long journey home. My bro in law is a really nice guy we get on great.

Well an early night as tomorrow have to pack with Hub for Ireland. He is off working there.

I am exhausted as felt like I have had a busy weekend. Enjoyable for sure. I shall talk tomorrow and tell you about some visitors I have been having, and not from this world either… x

No comments: