translate

Wednesday 1 May 2013

THE AWAKENING GARDEN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE AWAKENING GARDEN

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

I have been a sleep all winter

 Next to my friends

Would we survive to see each other

 I guess it depends

The sun is getting friendly

My neighbours are rather prickly

 Would this season be kind enough

 To allow her to bloom

 And let my buds look to the moon

Will my brother grow his fruit

Or has the nasty blizzard dug to his root

Oh look at the tiny flowers

 Stretching from their slumber

Let’s hope for warm weather

Rain but no thunder

I love this garden of wonder

The colours are so bright

In the dark they are a light

Reds, yellows a splash of white

Lupines and bluebells

Lots of sweet smells

Statuesque sunflowers

 Drinking April showers

Relaxing on hot days

Green grass almost ablaze

Chilling feeling rather lazy

Is the Michaelmas daisy

Oh please let all my friends visit again

Let them all see another year

As I love to share

Our award winning display

Of an English country garden

Full of calm and safe places

 For children to play

Fruits for the birds and flowers for the bees

Shelter provided by the willowy trees

Next time you see us

Remember this please

We live for you so feed us

Don’t let us fall to our knees

Each year we hope to meet again

Like you’re forever garden friend

 

No comments: