translate

Monday 20 May 2013

ETERNAL PLIGHT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


ETERNAL PLIGHT

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

Sometimes I wish I could take a pill

To forget my past and learn to chill

Can you imagine if we could do that

Wipe our memories on a door mat

We would live in today’s pain

And not yesterdays

All would be eliminated gone in a haze

Though what kind of people would we be

Without our memory

No soul and a hard heart

And I believe we have a life chart

Who picked mine I do wonder

I think there has been a blunder

Though almost on track now but not quite

A need for a wish to come true and the gift of sight

My past has scarred me and led me to despair

So these words I write to share

To ask what you think

Did your start in life stink

What can we do about all that

Answers please we shall put in a hat

Take out the best answers

Give ourselves so many chances

Come on get writing let me know

Your comments I shall show

We learn from our experiences they say

Get strength from our yesterday

Their all old ghosts

Don’t let them be our hosts

We are in charge now

So step out I shall tell you how

One foot forward

 Never allow to turn back

Always look for pastels

Never think of black

Those thoughts should be buried in a locked box

Or thrown away like a wholly pair of socks

 Look to the light

Don’t give up the fight

Let it be your eternal plight

 

No comments: